Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Hungarian Volunteer Badge Need Help

Article about: Hi all, I do not know much about SS stuff besides alot of it is faked, so im calling on the experts for this one before I purchase, it is machine embroidered and appears to be unissued, have

Default SS Hungarian Volunteer Badge Need Help

Hi all, I do not know much about SS stuff besides alot of it is faked, so im calling on the experts for this one before I purchase, it is machine embroidered and appears to be unissued, have you ever seen one like this and do you think its the real deal? this is the only pic I have to go on. thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hungarian Volunteer Badge Need Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Hungarian Volunteer Badge Need Help

Is there a pic of the back by chance??

I asked for a pic of the back but for now this is all I have

?

If anyone has the five volume set on foreign volunteers of Hitlers Germany, I think there is a photo of one of these or it may just be a drawing.

Here is the back,

A woven version of this rather obscure insignia surfaced only a month ago " somewhere else " >> http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=622651

I must admit I like the execution of that one better , and wouldn't at all be surprised if someone took that picture to an embroidery already .
    But it seems there is little further info - thread with caution , this embroidered version appears to be of low quality .. ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hungarian Volunteer Badge Need Help  

wow what a difference in quality and appearence, Im going to remain extra cautious with the rare SS stuff and most likely will avoid this one, I cant own something and wonder forever if its real or not. Thank you for the insight.

The quality of workmanship of the subject patch of this thread lead me to believe it is definitely 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A 4th Reich Indeed, why would Hungarian volunteers need a patch after they have been give a collar tab or a SS service armband.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    A 4th Reich Indeed, why would Hungarian volunteers need a patch after they have been give a collar tab or a SS service armband.
    Morris
    I am not saying that the specific item that started this thread is real; but that patch as such definitely existed.

It was worn on civilian clothing as well as on DM political uniforms by Hungarian ethnic German volunteers prior to being called up and thus put into SS uniforms.

As mentioned above, Vol. 3 of David Littlejohn's "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich" has period photographic evidence of the patch in wear. From the photographs, the patch appears to be closer to the one seen in post no. 6 in terms of size and proportions of the runes or the spacing of the letters.

Incidentally, a black-and-white photograph of that exact same item - just to keep it clear: I mean the woven one in post # 6 - is also shown in the book, credited to Václav Ducháč. (One can tell it is the same patch from the slight damage/creasing to the white border on top and bottom and the black flecks in the left "S"-rune.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-26-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast