Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS market, very dead.

Article about: For sale, sold in one day, because the market for SS regalia is dead. Croaked.

I think its greed compared to daily neccessities. I can see dealers or who ever adjusting pricing for overhead due to the economy ...but some of it is just out right Rape ! ...and is so wrong.

Sad to see this happen.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS market, very dead.
    P
    Many

And those same dealers bemoan the lack of newer, younger collectors in the hobby, not thinking for a moment that perhaps they're the cause of it. Seems greed and lack of self awareness make good bedfellows! And it's not just SS, it's everything else. I started collecting in 2016, and in just six years I've noticed a massive reduction in how far my money goes. You have to wonder whether any collectors are packing their bags and calling it a day due to the rising costs.

B.B.

Agree 100% with Larry and Brodie, Greed, money is the root of all evil...

Some of the prices on these TR items are ridiculous now,, the same items were selling for mere pennies 10-20 years ago,.. Tinnies that I used to get for 8-10 dollars and now $30-40 each and they are common Rally Day Tinnies...

I am now a selective buyer,, only purchasing items that I am truly interested in to either fill a gap in an area lacking or more specifically items that have a family tie due to Geographic location in Germany...

Smitty

?

To be honest the Irmfried Eberl helmet (if it really his helmet ofcourse) has such a enormous historical value it is hard to put a price on it. Probably on auction it would also catch 30k USD. It is hard to find bargains, sure but they can be found here and there.

And for a while now, collectors that have watched the prices rise, and decided to become a "Collector/Dealer" and asking excessive amounts, and thinking it is okay!
    "Rare!", "Impossible to find!", and all of the other descriptions they like to use.
    My buying has dropped dramatically for the last little while. I will still purchase something if it fits, AND, the price is reasonable.
    I guess that's okay, putting a little more money away isn't a bad thing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is really a big and general problem with the escalating price development. Some dealers are downright rude. There are items that are hard to afford these days. For some time now I've had the feeling that there are more and more 'investors' with deep pockets who are willing to pay real phantasy prices, which is driving prices up even further. To give an example, I bought a set of GPB for less than 2k about 10 years ago; I recently saw a single large GPB in comparable condition at the same dealer for 2.5k! This is just insane!

?

@Sammler, what is a GBP?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    @Sammler, what is a GBP?
    GPB = Golden Party Badge.

?

I could have known... haha You got a good investment there considering todays prices. A few threads on this forum are dedicated to these prices. I am really curious what the hobby will look like in 10-15 years from now. I believe there can be a problem with influx of young people looking at these prices. However when going to shows and hearing dealers speak there is plenty of interest from young people.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I could have known... haha You got a good investment there considering todays prices. A few threads on this forum are dedicated to these prices. I am really curious what the hobby will look like in 10-15 years from now. I believe there can be a problem with influx of young people looking at these prices. However when going to shows and hearing dealers speak there is plenty of interest from young people.
    Sure, that's the positive side of this development, that things that were bought 10 + years ago are sometimes traded for twice or even three times as much nowadays. But that's not my point, after all I'm not one of those 'investors'...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast