MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin

Article about: Hello all! I recently acquired these pieces from an estate and I'm looking for some opinions. I have some SS stuff in my collection, but not much. I went with my gut on this purchase. The sh

Default SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin

Hello all! I recently acquired these pieces from an estate and I'm looking for some opinions. I have some SS stuff in my collection, but not much. I went with my gut on this purchase. The shield pin, I think is HJ, but not sure. If someone on this forum can't help with that I'll post in a different category. I think it looks good and the source has been reliable in the past. I DON'T KNOW WHY ALL MY PICS ARE UPLOADING SIDEWAYS. THEY ARE UPRIGHT WHEN I LOAD THEM. SORRY ABOUT THAT. Thanks in advance. SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pinSS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin
    P
    Many

IMO, original, SS member stick pin by Gahr.
    There were two manufacturers, Otto Gahr and Hoffstätter.
    Is very rare,rarer than a Hoffstätter.
    I have never seen such a skull stick pin,but doesn't look bad,
    looks like a panzer skull, for sure is not SS.
    It's just my opinion, I'm not an expert
    I straightened the photos for you.
    I add a Hoffstätter from my collection.
    Regards, Jannis.
    SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin
    SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin SS Membership STICK PIN & Death Head stick pin

Excellent SS stickpin. I agree it’s original. Never seen that stickpin but I like it. Vince

Quote by Vincent View Post
    Excellent SS stickpin. I agree it’s original. Never seen that stickpin but I like it. Vince
    Vince,is really a rare piece ,is high on my wish list,but haven't seen any on offer in the last years.
    Regards, Jannis.

I have seen the GAHR pin before but the skull pin is new to me. The other pin is for German Colonial League. Vince

?

Never seen that Totenkopf pin before. I love the other two and would enjoy adding them to the pin collection.

Thank you for uprighting my pics! I don't know why they uploaded sideways. lol. Johanis1860 when you stated it is a really rare piece, were you referring to the SS pin or the skull pin? I've tried to look up the skull pin, but I have no had any luck. Thank you Vincent on the ID of the shield pin. I'll have to research German Colonial League!

Also, is the number on the back the SS members ID number or the serial number of the pin? If it's the ID number... any way to find out WHO it was? thanks

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thank you for uprighting my pics! I don't know why they uploaded sideways. lol. Johanis1860 when you stated it is a really rare piece, were you referring to the SS pin or the skull pin? I've tried to look up the skull pin, but I have no had any luck. Thank you Vincent on the ID of the shield pin. I'll have to research German Colonial League!
    I meant the SS pin, it's a rare piece.
    Such a list exists, at least with the lower numbers,but I haven't seen it myself,so I don't know anything more precise.
    As far as I know, the Gahr pins are for those who needed a replacement for original Hoffstätter pins,that's why the numbers are hand-engraved.
    Regards,Jannis.