Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Ss research

Article about: Here are photos of allgemeine ss uniform. I'm looking for any info on year, rank, unit ect. I also would like to attempt to identify the uniform if possible.

?

I'm sorry my thumbs are too big on my phone and I accidentally deleted. I putting back on but it is slow process. Again sorry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss research
    P
    Many

Photos reposted in #1 post
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The sticker in the sweatband, if period, is interesting as it seems to bear little or no relation to the actual prices for these caps. If the cap is indeed from 1939 as the sweatband stamping would suggest, then the going rate for an SS officer's cap was 5.70 R.M.

May we see the full glory de uniform?

?

Default Uniform

Is this what you were looking for? Also I did a thread with my waffen ss uniform if you want to teach me more.

Thanks tim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss research  

No stiff necks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss research  

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The sticker in the sweatband, if period, is interesting as it seems to bear little or no relation to the actual prices for these caps. If the cap is indeed from 1939 as the sweatband stamping would suggest, then the going rate for an SS officer's cap was 5.70 R.M.
    Agreed. This is what I find so interesting about these little details. Is the sticker original to this cap? I would imagine so. If this is in fact so, what accounts for the divergence from the 1939 SS-Preisliste?

For the sum of all parts I find the listed price would have been 8.17 RM in the 1939 price list. Perhaps the vendor padded the bill a bit? These tags are always an interesting subject for me.

I wish I could find a Totenkopfabzeichen for the prices listed below!

Ss research

Ss research

Ss research

Ss research

Tim, your cap is a real gem and worth a heck of a lot more than 10.50 RM now. Congratulations and thanks again for sharing it with us.

?

I actually found the separate prices further down the list for the Mützenkordel and its associated Metallknopf: 1.15 RM. I would have assumed the price for the cap was inclusive but this is evidence to the contrary.

This would bring the sum to 9.32 RM - still a bit off from the 10.50 RM price.

The price for the silk top in the same configuration would be 9.92 RM.

?

Thanks for the info.

?

I have gotten such great info. Thanks everyone. I will enjoy this cap and uniform even more because of what I'm learning. Thank you.

Tim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4