Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question

Article about: Does anyone have M. Beavers book on SS caps? If you have a copy is there any officers M43 illustrated in it where bullion insignia is used? If by chance that you might advise or have an imag

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    Leave the items alone.
    You'll eventually regret dicking with the items.
    texasuberalles, thank you for the reply. It does matter to me what the opinions are of others with this subject as the finished restoration sitting on a hat stand I'd the thought I have its not original & that would nag on me. Then the question arises, when that time comes to sell and you include it has been restored does that become a deal breaker? I'd think for the purist collector, yes.

There are ways to attach the insignia that can be reversed easily, no needles and thread used. Patch Magic-look it up if you have interest.

But yet with a purchased cap the question remains, why was it stripped of it's insignia?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

You might consider using a minimum of stitches with the thinnest thread and needle you can find as it is a display piece. But the items are yours to do with as you like and I’m sure the insignia would display better on a cap.

Quote by CBH View Post
    You might consider using a minimum of stitches with the thinnest thread and needle you can find as it is a display piece. But the items are yours to do with as you like and I’m sure the insignia would display better on a cap.
    Thank you for replying. I thought about this as well but do have some other SS TKV bullion insignia that the soft cap insignia could be displayed with.

Does anyone know if Kempel & Leibfried of Urach still produces a M43 general officers M43? I see their trademark was again registered 2007 I believe it was but see no web advertising.
    There are 2 general officer M43 available for purchase but my though is if they are yet producing these to original specification why bother.

And am yet undecided.

von Charpentier wearing a bullion TK:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Soft Cap Bullion Insignia Question  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3