Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Sponsor's Stickpin

Article about: I believe this is a SS Sponsor stickpin. Can an expert confirm this and also tell me if its the real deal or not? Casey ~

Default SS Sponsor's Stickpin

I believe this is a SS Sponsor stickpin. Can an expert confirm this and also tell me if its the real deal or not?

Casey ~

SS Sponsor's StickpinSS Sponsor's StickpinSS Sponsor's Stickpin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sponsor's Stickpin
    P
    Many

Every pin marked with RZM and Ges. Gesch. together I have seen was fake.

Regards

Check out post #27. A forum search is invaluable to those here that wish to learn.

SS-FM Patron Pin
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I THINK that most (all?) stick pins from the time should have swirled pin.

But we wait for the experts!

Edit: Thanks Ned, this pin is not even close to a original then

Thread moved to the SS Forum
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I was under that impression too but, I thought it might pass the test. Who makes all these fakes and how do they flood the market with them? There likes bad pennies that just keep turning up.

Casey ~

There is no end to them, Casey-and tons more coming all the time. Fakers are from all over the globe, unfortunately. Many are Eastern European, such as Latvia, Poland and Russia, but they can be anywhere. China,Pakistan and India are cranking out boatloads of phony relics,uniforms,insignias and hats. And, yes-the US and Canada also have their share of crooks in the market. Thankfully, the majority are easy to spot from glaring mistakes and wrong materials, etc-but the fakers are improving all the time. Some collectable badges and such are getting Frighteningly good now. Even so-called experts are getting tricked on occasion. I, personally, can't imagine what the hobby will be like even 20 years from now...fortunately, I won't have to worry about it....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This pin does not come even close to an original.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I, personally, can't imagine what the hobby will be like even 20 years from now...fortunately, I won't have to worry about it....
    You should concider placing your entire collection with someone special so they can look after it for you all the time- someone - eh well- someone like me... I happen to have room for it....