Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Sturmmann chevron real?

Article about: Hello all, Came across this chevron for an SS-Sturmmann. I have never bought chevron's or insignia before so would like to ask if you guys think this one is authentic? Thank you in advance!

Default SS-Sturmmann chevron real?

Hello all,

Came across this chevron for an SS-Sturmmann. I have never bought chevron's or insignia before so would like to ask if you guys think this one is authentic? Thank you in advance!

SS-Sturmmann chevron real?SS-Sturmmann chevron real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Sturmmann chevron real?
    P
    Many

Original tropical chevron. But looks like it was a SS-Rottenführer chevron and the second stripe was removed.
    Is a common piece, so I think is better for you if you're waiting for a better piece.
    Regards, Jannis.
    SS-Sturmmann chevron real?

Default Another one

Came across this one. But looks a little too shiny to me. Should be a normal chevron instead of a tropical. What do you think?

?

I thought that tropical rank badges were tan background.?

Quote by The5thWiking View Post
    Came across this one. But looks a little too shiny to me. Should be a normal chevron instead of a tropical. What do you think?

Looks good for me ,but it can be Heer panzer or SS.
    The stripes were mat or shiny.
    Regards, Jannis.

Thanks again for the quick answer and info. Probably will buy this one. Still searching for a matching SS collar tab and Sturmmann rank collar tab. I am looking to spend as much as 500 euro for these two tabs. Don't know if that's enough with the current prices. Do you have any advice (price) when buying the collar tabs?

?

Hello, nice chevrons. I think you can get them for 500 euros if you look long enough. However most dealers will just sell the BEVO SS rune for that price. It is hard to find SS cloth for a good price nowadays. I agree with Jannis his assesment that one of the strips has been removed. If you cannot find the Sturmmann, buy a Scharführer tab and remove the pip :P