Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia

Article about: I finally buckled down and did some display work on my small SS insignia collection. I know there are many other collections out there that dwarf what I have and thats ok, only so many \\$ to

CBH
    ?

Beautiful collection and nicely displayed, when most SS collections would fit into a chocolate box you’ve out done yourself. Thanks for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia
    P
    Many

?

Hello, wonderful collection, lots of beautiful things!
    Congratulations to!
    Regards,
    Peeloo

Gentlemen, thank you for your kind compliments.

All the insignia seen is 35-40 years of searching and acquiring the insignia and other items seen. It certainly went by quickly looking back on the endeavor.

I think to myself, it went by too quickly but at this point cannot change anything except enjoy the fruits of the labor to get to this point.

Rich, I am impressed (and after 50 years of collecting this stuff, I don't impress easily!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

What a fantastic collection Rich.

Hi Rich, very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Outstanding items Rich!! A top shelf assortment of some of the finest Militaria. You should be extremely proud of your collection. Thank you for sharing.

What a magnificent pair of tunics, visors and insignia! And they're so beautifully displayed. While the Thuringen tunic is phenomenal, it's the Gauleiter tunic that deserves special attention. There aren't very many other tunics I'd rather have. Rich, are you up to giving more detail about it?

I'm also particularly interested in the photograph of the Hitler Auto Pennant. There too are few things I'd rather have in my collection. I've only seen a contemporary photograph of it in Gotlieb's possession. That for me is a unicorn. I'm curious about the eagle on the opposite side of the display. Was that from an SA high command pennant?

Quote by Peter II View Post
    What a magnificent pair of tunics, visors and insignia! And they're so beautifully displayed. While the Thuringen tunic is phenomenal, it's the Gauleiter tunic that deserves special attention. There aren't very many other tunics I'd rather have. Rich, are you up to giving more detail about it?

I'm also particularly interested in the photograph of the Hitler Auto Pennant. There too are few things I'd rather have in my collection. I've only seen a contemporary photograph of it in Gotlieb's possession. That for me is a unicorn. I'm curious about the eagle on the opposite side of the display. Was that from an SA high command pennant?
    Peter II, thank you for your compliments of whats taken years to find and obtain.

The Gauleiter tunic came via Steve Wolfe of Wolfe-Hardin militaria dealership. Steve advised it came out of a hotel buy in Detroit and unfortunately there is no name of who sold or bought the tunic. The interior of the tunic has no tailor label or name tag, at least none of which I found. After discussing this tunic with Jeff Clark and advising the size as well as the award loops he surmised the tunic was that of Robert Wagners. The tunic is really small in size as a friend tried it on who could fit in it so from that he drew the ownership conclusion. Interestingly Bob Coleman had a Gauleiter tunic, same era, double breasted similar award loop and size, no labels or name and it was the same conclusion, belonged to Robert Wagner.

There is not much more to ad to the explanation other than the tunic came with the Blood Order ribbon attached to the right pocket flap and I added the medal and the ribbon seen suspended below. Also I was informed by NSDAP Sammler on this forum that the ribbon bar is not the one Wagner wore but since the ribbon bar was attached by Wolfe I left it there and had not yet sought the correct medal bar to use for displaying the tunic.

The pennant and eagle, AH's standard is not an auto pennant but that of an uninstalled funeral sash pennant and eagle. Another item obtained from Wolfe back in the mid 90's. Apparently these came out of the Fuhrerbau in Munich and as I understand it there were a small number of them kept there. When I saw it I knew it was something that there were few of, and also the size was perfect for displaying as you see it. The acrylic placard stand is meant for 8.5" X 11" page display and fits well into the display stand. I could not afford AH's fender pennant let alone finding one and additionally a full size AH Standardt way beyond my means so I felt this was an excellent opportunity to obtain the nearest affordable embroidered AH personal standardt made.

The eagle and pennant were attached at opposing ends of the sash as seen in the color images attached.

More info of this and is what was listed for a funeral sash less the standardt and a b&w image they used for their listing by Gettysburg Museum:

Adolf Hitler Funeral Sash Recovered From The Fuhrerbau In Munich By A US 45th Division Veteran. Original very rare red Funeral sash from Adolf Hitler. These were sent to high raking officer’s and dignitaries’ funerals by Hitler. They were attached to large wreaths at funerals (see pictures) and are extremely rare. It is missing the Fuhrer flag and eagle and is priced accordingly. Hitler sashes with eagles can sell for as much as 8-$10,000 The U.S. 45th Division captured the Fuhrebau in May of 1945, and several Men took very interesting Hitler “war booty” from this location. Ex Dr. Mark Griffith collection. 100% guaranteed to be authentic complete museum documentation (COA) provided. An amazing historical artifact from one of the 20th century’s most infamous personality. Don’t miss your chance to own this real museum authenticated piece of WWII history with solid U.S. Veteran provenance.

So when I saw these 2 items at Wolfes home on Bixby Hill i was ecstatic at being able to obtain it as written in the listed from Gettysburg museum "An amazing historical artifact from one of the 20th century’s most infamous personality."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia  SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia 

Thanks for the in-depth backstory of your tunic, Rich. I was just talking to my wife (who doesn't understand my interest in these things) and explained to her that for as much as we despise the things these men did, we're fascinated by the history and the artifacts. I love the way you described Wagner to me (I related this to my wife): "Wagner was a murdering sob. He personally shot airmen along the Rhine riverbank and let their bodies fall into it never to be seen again. He did a lot of terrible things to people through that era. There was nothing good about him in any way."

I now have a newfound passion... If I cannot have an AH auto pennant, I MUST HAVE something like what you've got. Those are absolutely exquisit pieces!!! They're just stunning!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast