Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia

Article about: I finally buckled down and did some display work on my small SS insignia collection. I know there are many other collections out there that dwarf what I have and thats ok, only so many \\$ to

Quote by Peter II View Post
    Thanks for the in-depth backstory of your tunic, Rich. I was just talking to my wife (who doesn't understand my interest in these things) and explained to her that for as much as we despise the things these men did, we're fascinated by the history and the artifacts. I love the way you described Wagner to me (I related this to my wife): "Wagner was a murdering sob. He personally shot airmen along the Rhine riverbank and let their bodies fall into it never to be seen again. He did a lot of terrible things to people through that era. There was nothing good about him in any way."

I now have a newfound passion... If I cannot have an AH auto pennant, I MUST HAVE something like what you've got. Those are absolutely exquisite pieces!!! They're just stunning!
    Peter II, I've not seen another set offered in the near 30 years I've owned them. I know that does not mean they are never offered as militaria shows like the SOS may have someone attending & selling artifacts and have these to let. When I acquired them from Wolfe he had 1 extra set and I cannot say who obtained them. A recommendation would be to let dealers know you are looking for these and that might lead to someone they know selling a set.

Regarding Wagner, book 3 in the 3 book series of Gauleiters covers Wagners career as well as what happened to him at wars end. The 3 book series is quite a fascinating read of those Gauleiters in political power during the era. The series name is Gauleiter written and by Michael Miller and Andreas Schultz. They do not come inexpensive either!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TKV Oberbayern & other SS insignia
    P
    Many

Hi Rich,
    Great items, congrats !
    Which number is your blood order ?
    Cheers

Rich.You have a great collection there sensationally displayed!
    I hadn't seen it until today.
    Congratulations

Regards
    Santi

Quote by schoenwurf View Post
    Hi Rich,
    Great items, congrats !
    Which number is your blood order ?
    Cheers
    Type 2, #3302, awarded to Georg Furst, Mundenham/O.- D.

Blutorden.
    Gauleiter Eigruber verleiht an 14 „alte Kämpfer“ der NSDAP in „Oberdonau“ den Blutorden, darunter an Georg Fürst, nunmehr Aufzugführer in der Buchdruckerei Kiesel in Salzburg.

To English:

8.2.1941 Order of Blood. Gauleiter Eigruber awards the Order of the Blood to 14 "old fighters" of the NSDAP in "Upper Danube", including Georg Fürst, now a lift driver at the Kiesel printing house in Salzburg.
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 05-02-2024 at 09:01 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3