Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS token desk ornament piece

Article about: Hello Forum, I hope you are all well. Recently on a thread (can't remember which one) I found an overview of a TR leaflet with several Desk ornaments. Here I have this what looks like a cast

?

Default SS token desk ornament piece

Hello Forum,

I hope you are all well. Recently on a thread (can't remember which one) I found an overview of a TR leaflet with several Desk ornaments.
    Here I have this what looks like a casted SS token. It does resemble the desk ornaments shown in the leaflet. I am curious if someone can identify this piece if this once belonged to a desk ornament. Diameter is about 10 CM.

The front and back are identical. The quality of the cast does not necessarily impress me. The edges are smooth and flat. It does not look like it has been mounted or stuck in something. There is no gilding or polish residue on the piece anywhere.

SS token desk ornament pieceSS token desk ornament piece

Looking forward to any responses. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS token desk ornament piece
    P
    Many

?

It certainly conforms in design to the one in the period catalog...perhaps an unfinished piece?

Default SS

SS token desk ornament pieceSS token desk ornament piece

Here is my old example. I have sold it now. But it’s one to compare to no doubt.

?

Thank you for this sharp image. The edges on the runes look less "sharp" on my example. Obviously the finish has disappeared completely. I am does look like it but I can't say for sure!

?

I think perhaps the final silver finish/lacquer were never applied to this piece in the first place...

?

Found the fitting desk ornament this belonged to

?

Hello

if front and back are identical, it couldn't be a desk ornament like last picture !

cordially
    Didier

?

close, but no soap.

?

In my opinion it is an unfinished piece. Not gilded-finished and not put into a marble footing. The token can even be gilded and then placed into the marble socket as in not attached. Who knows for certain, would love to see these desk pieces in real life but they are quite rare.