Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Troddel ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Thoughts will be welcome on this black one please : Very rare Waffen SS NCO bayonet troddel Thank you very much P.

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Enjoying my newly found item - without repairs , and of unexpected Wachmannschaften origin ..
    Thanks. Well done.SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?SS Troddel ?

PS the dagger, which is or is not a "ground Roehm," came with the SSVT Sani Abt Montur to Manion about twenty seven years ago.

At that time, the dagger had the officer's knot, which I have just left as it is.....

The image may shake the affect of certain purists, but I see that task as mine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Troddel ?
    P
    Many

I do want to salute colleague Winkelmann's fine role here, and my thanks also to Mr. d'Alquen for pointing me straight as to something I had always thought was for the sword and so forth. His close reading the sources on the SSTV I hope someday to see in print so the public can admire the diligence of his decades of research.

As to other interventions, if you want to claim that I spread misinformation, then that is your fine privilege. However, to doubt, thereby, the efficacy of this site, and to doubt David Delich, strikes me as beyond the pale. I mean, if you demur from contributing to the site because you dislike me, I can understand that, as I do not strive
    to be liked here. I outgrew my Mr Rogers phase here to embrace my inner Schleifer Platzek when the Zeitgeist shifted generally to cannibalism. However, the collective efforts of others (for instance, the over patient moderators and, say, Winkelmann, who always has a nice answer and a fine illustration, as does Herr MM1985 and others I cannot name) in their aggregate do merit a financial contribution, especially when certain persons pose questions that
    would best characterize a beginner when that person masquerades as an advanced collector.

So, per saldo, I take strong exception to a post above as to the effect that a person refuses to support this site because I or someone else screwed up a deal
    of some kind. I repeat: I am not a militaria dealer, and I have never had any dealings of any kind with the original poster, lest he leave an impression otherwise.

I have already corresponded with the moderators on this account and register the fact that I waited two whole days before I responded.

Let me also make this remark: the thing in question was plainly worn on a side arm of some kind. I can imagine that it got snagged on a door handle or on the street car
    or on the gate of the concentration camp. And then someone, maybe a woman, mended the thing. I do not know, but I find the mint fetish with these things
    very peculiar. I have seen and owned many sword and bayonet knots with damage of various kinds.

Hello Gentlemen,
    seems this porteepee«Troddel» was not only worn by the TK «Wachbatallion» but more something like a non regular but autorised customized SS dress bayonet ...

SS Troddel ?
    Allg SS , with «Sudwest» CT ?

SS Troddel ?
    SS VT «Deutschland» CT...

SS Troddel ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4