MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS tunic eagle cut out of tunic,show yours

Article about: This sleeve eagle was cut out of a tunic,its on a regular army tunic.Some vets took the whole sleeve with the insignia,talked to a collector has one.I think the insignia still having part of

Default SS tunic eagle cut out of tunic,show yours

This tropical sleeve eagle was cut out of a tunic,its on a regular army tunic not the tan Afrika Corps,guessing they used these tropical eagles on both.Some vets took the whole sleeve with the insignia,talked to a collector had one.I think the insignia still having part of the tunic attached are neat,what about you guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tunic eagle  cut out of tunic,show yours  
    Last edited by Toecutter; 03-20-2021 at 12:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tunic eagle  cut out of tunic,show yours
    P
    Many

That looks like a nice one! Its sometimes impossible to tell authentic cutoffs, especially SS ones. Its so easy to stitch a patch onto a piece of cloth just to triple its value. Due to that I usually avoid cut offs but depending on the source I'll pick them up. Heres my only cutoff SS eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tunic eagle  cut out of tunic,show yours   SS tunic eagle  cut out of tunic,show yours  

?

I do like the cutoffs but like John said it's hard to know for sure. Both of yours look good though with nice stitching. John at Eagle relics has a full sleeve with an eagle, rank chevron and trade patch for sale on his website.

Thanks John and Aldo!Yep you have to be careful,I bought this one 30 years ago from a knowlegable collector.I said its a tropical SS eagle on a army tunic, that dosent seem right.He got mad and said its original ,I bought it from the vet that cut it off , if you dont want it,no problem.