Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.

Article about: I hope Ive uploaded these pics properly.This is the first tunic Ive held in my hands,so needless to say,I dont know if its the real deal or not.Hoping its an authentic period piece.

More pictures! When I get a chance to see this item again,I'll take more pics.Any suggestions on what to zero in on?Thanks for your patience.
    I work a lot.I dont imagine anyone can explain the details that make them reach their "no good"verdict when inspecting pics.Thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.   SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.  

SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.   SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.  

SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tunic thoughts and opinions please.
    P
    Many

?

I know nothing regarding the insignia, and as I own a single repro tunic my comment is probably redundant.
    I was struck by the HBT lining and it's colour.
    I am surprised a repro would get a lining like this,a cotton or a rayon would be usual?
    Please forgive my inexperience.

No worries.I wouldn't think a repro would be made this well,but maybe somebody who knows will chime in.

John,
    I would direct you to the volumes of posts regarding SS tunics and their construction. It can be very boring, reading old threads, but that is the "price" as it were for being able to pick the brains of people vastly more knowledgeable in this area. SS items are among the most heavily faked, and some fakes even fool the experts.
    It is a very tough field, SS collecting, and not really the place for a novice unless losing large sums of money is no issue. Best to acquire books, and read them, and then read them again. At the end of the day you should seek to be your own expert or change the direction of your collection.
    I wish you good luck in your collecting and hopefully someone will be along to offer you some input.

Thank you.I have not purchased this tunic.The guy that owns it is gonna be pretty upset when I tell him that it is probably a post war item.I am aware of how heavily SS items are faked.Thanks for the response and the advice.

Quote by John Sorensen View Post
    No worries.I wouldn't think a repro would be made this well,but maybe somebody who knows will chime in.
    wow so the somebody's so far like me have told you its bad , dont know a thing right !

The thing is bad top to bottom so were would i start in explaining ... i just dont know .. but insignia would be a good start . its artificially coloured/aged . the eagle is 100% repo , your one was easy to spot . there are officers eagles that are so close to the originals that there the ones that will catch you out .
    its not all ways easy to explain everything . you will need to spend hours and hours looking and reading and years later still find you still need to repeat

if they were all made this bad it would be a blessing !
    Last edited by panzer2; 07-26-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Volunteer shield is a known fake, i would assume the collar tabs are as well.
    Morris

Thanks for your input,Panzer 2.I appreciate it.

?

Yes the Collar Tab is fake .

Has anyone ever seen a contemporary photo of these tabs in wear ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Yes the Collar Tab is fake .

Has anyone ever seen a contemporary photo of these tabs in wear ?
    The 19th Latvia collar tabs (static swastika) is far more common.
    The 15th Latvia if i understand was very very scare, most original NCO ones are Dachau horde examples.

Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2