Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late

Article about: I am (somewhat) amazed at the # of minty SS tunics that have been popping up of late. These things were rare as the proverbial hen's teeth in the 70s & 80s, and now I see them appearing

SS STURMBANNFUHRER'S SERVICE TUNIC
    A well used textbook example of the 1936 pattern SS Tunic . Tunic is badged up to a SS-Sturmbannfuhrer serving in the main office on the staff of the RF-SS..Insignia consists of sew in shoulderboards with the rank of SS-Sturmbannfuhrer with light grey waffenfarbe for Stab der RF-SS, waffenfarbe changed to dark grey in 1942. Collar patches consist of 4 pips on rank patch with other patch blank. Right arm displays old campaigners chevron. Unfortunately the bullion arm eagle has been removed from the left arm. It appears it was possibly removed by the family as all labels have been removed from tunic.This is a very very large size tunic, would've been worn by a huge guy. Of interest above the lower left pocket is a small tailored opening (see images) which I assume was for chained dagger or SS sword. Overall tunic has no damage except some wear on inner cuffs. Rare SS pattern tunic..

Code: 51182

Price
    on
    Request

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late
    P
    Many

Totenkopf’ officer Feldbluse for SS-Untersturmführer
    €15500,00
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late   SS Tunics Coming to Market of Late  

"Unique offer – seldom seen ‘Litewka’ cut SS officer jacket for in this case a SS-Obergruppenführer executed in white wool. These tunics were made in both grey and white. The jacket is void of damages and complete with its original applied SS insignia. The tunic is complete with full silk liner and has a tailor tag from L. Kielleuthner in Müchen. The collar tabs are typical summer type tabs, with press buttons so they could be removed. The jackets comes in its original leather carrying travel case, complete with hangers inside. Could be folded an ready to travel."
    EU 28,500

Tunic and Personal Effects Attributed to Estonian-SS Waffen-Standartenführer Alfons Rebane
    $33,000.00

This outstanding and historic grouping was once handled by famous European Auctioneer Andreas Thies. The it has since changed hands and is offered for sale now. The current owner, a very dedicated fan and historian of the Estonian Legion, has decided to keep the two boys’ uniforms and other effects, leaving Rebane’s core items intact with the grouping. These items consist of, importantly, both preliminary documents for Rebane’s Ritter Kreuz and Eichenlaub awards respectively. Rebane was one of two Waffen-SS foreign volunteers in Third Reich history to ever receive the Oakleaves to the Knight’s Cross, making him an especially historic individual. Of particular note, the prelim document to the oakleaves is dated 9 May 1945…(as we know, Burgdorf was no longer around to sign it by then!) This was because the administrative machine necessary to officially process such an award had broken down by the time Rebane earned it. There are other award documents, as well as Rebane’s pre-war, wartime and post-war photo album, showing him in a wide variety of settings, including wearing his Wehrmacht uniform (pre-SS service); and as a civilian after his postwar service in the British MI6. He was a brave and exceptional individual, with a reputation for always looking out for the safety of his men.

The uniform jacket itself; it is a typical late war Italian Gabardine tailored piece (Strohmeyer–Nuremberg Tailor), bearing the tailor brand nametag with the inscription to Alfons Rebane, plus sew-in monograms along the inner collar edge “A.R.” (the “A” being heavily unraveled). The badging is typical SS-Ostubaf rank, boards and bullion sleeve eagle; with the addition of the Estonian sleeve shield. The rank tab is hand applied with a double width of left twist black thread; the Estonian SS tab is missing from the right collar, with only the threads remaining, showing the same hand stitching. There is not a positively identifiable photograph showing Rebane wearing this tunic, therefore the analysis of the components is the only thing that can be weighted. I have examined this tunic top to bottom, under all conditions, and find nothing forensically that is out of the scope of wartime production, materials, usage, etc. Moreover, there is no sign of the inner pocket being removed or modified and re-stitched to accommodate the tailor’s brand (Strohmeyer, Nurnberg) nametag. Equally, the SS style shoulderboards show no disturbance to the stitching, including the interior sleeve linings, etc. The loops on the left front of the uniform are arranged in the same manner as Rebane’s photographs. The sleeve eagle is classic, and like all the other insignia, has the undisturbed patina of having been a part of this tunic for a very long time. The tunic is dated 28 November 1944, well within the time frame that Rebane and his unit were in Germany refitting after the exodus from Estonia in the face of the overwhelming Soviet advance. All the research and time that has gone into this grouping thus far has led me to conclude that the valuation of the grouping must take into consideration there is no photographic ‘smoking gun’ showing definitively it is Rebane’s jacket, therefore, I price the tunic more at a normal SS-Ostubaf tunic price, with the mild premium of quite potentially being Rebane’s. Overall a beautiful grouping form an historic and dedicate servant figure of not a particular organization as the SS or the S.O.E., but as a warrior in the cause against the main threat at the time: Bolshevik Communism. COA with stated observations and caveats accompanies. For more reading, view this outstanding treatise of Rebane at this link Alfons Rebane – Wikipedia

Custom-tailored Stug wrap
    15,500 EU

"A ultra rare tunic being the field grey combat tunic of an unidentified Waffen SS Brigadefuhrer. Standard four pocket M 36 style tunic with five button front and deep turn back cuffs, one small moth nip to the upper right hand shoulder, and some slight shredding to the lower cuff material on one sleeve, no other moth damage or stains. The shoulder boards to the rank of Brigadefuhrer with light grey underlay which has discoloured in places. The weave is a mixture of Cellion and silver wire, collar patches are all wire woven for the matching rank hand embroidered on black velvet, with some light oxidisation to the collar patches, to the upper right sleeve a hand embroidered silver wire officers arm eagle, fitted to the sleeve above the eagle is a Demjansk shield. To the second buttonhole the ribbons of the Iron Cross second class and the eastern front medal which have faded. To the upper right hand pocket loops for three awards, to the interior of the tunic a separately tailored hole through the lining material for the addition of a full dagger or sword hanger, to the interior of the lining pocket is a canvas tailors label of the company Schneilierei Wittman, with the faint pencil outline of the original wearers name, which is impossible to read, the tunic is of medium proportions. A incredibly rare tunic."

Code: 89265

15500.00 GBP

Sicherheitsdienst (SD) Service Tunic as intended for a SD member with the rank of Sturmmann (Unterwachtmeister). This is a nice, probably foreign made, wool construction SS pattern field blouse with slanted lower pockets. The tunic has Police style 7 front closure buttons. The collar is complete with a pair of machine-sewn plain black SD style collar tabs. A BeVo-woven sleeve-eagle is sewn to the wearer's upper left sleeve. The tunic has a pair of sew-in type security police shoulder-boards in the rank of Sturmmann (Unterwachtmeister). Discoloration to the right sleeve suggest that a foreign volunteer shield has been removed once, probably the tunic was worn by a foreign SD member of one of the Eastern European countries. The field blouse is fully lined, the field blouse is not visible maker marked or dated. The field blouse is in overall very good condition, see photos. Rare original SD Tunic!

This tunic was published back in 1971 in the booklet 'Waffen-SS, Its Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment 1938-1945' by D.S.V. Fosten & R.J. Marrion, published by Almark Publications. An example of this booklet will be included with the tunic!

€ 4950,00

Restored insignia:

Incredible untouched Allgemeine-SS Officer uniform grouping to a member of Sturmbann ‘N’. This uniform set consists of the early M32 black 4 pocket uniform with all the original insignia still attached, the bullion collar tab shows the number 4 indicating this man was in SS-Standarte “Schleswig-Holstein” based out of (Hartenholm, Altona.) The rank tab with 3 pipes shows the rank of Untersturmfuhrer. The sewn in shoulderboard shows Officer rank and still retains the original RZM paper tag on the underside. The left sleeve shows the early Allgemeine-SS armband still sewn, the lower end of the sleeve shows the blank black cuff title, this would indicate this Officer was attached to Sturmbann ‘N’, these men were hand picked from all the SS-Standarte to be based in Nürnberg strictly for guard duty at all the NSDAP party rallies in Nürnberg, this set would have 100% been at some of the most historical party rallies! The right sleeve shows the period sewn “Honor Chevron for the Old Guard” (Ehrenwinkel der Alten Kämpfer), this was a NSDAP party decoration worn by members of the SS. The silver chevron, was worn on the upper sleeve on the right arm, was authorized by Adolf Hitler in February 1934. All members of the SS who had joined the Allgemeine SS, the NSDAP, or any other party organization prior to the 30th of January 1933, were entitled to wear the insignia. The left chest area shows award loops for 3 awards (one of which appears to be for a golden party badge, the top above pocket also has loops for a large ribbon bar. The collar is properly piped in silver corn as it should be for Officer ranks. This set was also found with the original early M32 black trousers, both the uniform and pants are undamaged and without any repairs or restorations, I can not stress how incredibly rare a set like this is to find on the open market, you will find 100 enlisted sets for every 1 Officer set. If you are looking for a textbook set worn by one of the earliest of SS members, this set is for you!

$12,995.00

Seems like every other tunic is SD nowadays:

A fine quality elegant leader's tunic for an SD Obersturmführer with matching riding breeches. The uniform set was tailored from Italian garbadine. It is moth free apart from some areas underneath the collar or a few bites to the collar tabs.

Complete hand-attached insignia. Hand-embroidered leader's sleeve badge. Accurately stiched leader's "SD" sleeve patch. Typical "blank" SD cuffband. Matching pair of SD collar tabs. Shoulder boards with correct green backing.

Fine silk lining. with clear signs of wear. Removed name tag. Complete buttons.

Matching riding breeches with soft leather backing and find silk lining. It looks like the name of the owner was stiched to the lining. Complete buttons.

EU 18,000

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast