Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)

Article about: Hello, I was wondering If that overcoat could be discussed .I am having some trouble posting the photos here, so I would kindly ask someone to do so. Thanks in avance. Cheers from Brazil. Jo

?

I certainly believe such a piece COULD survive intact- I'm sure there's just as much hidden away undiscovered as there is in collections- but when I see one piece of insignia that I think isn't right, it throws the entire piece into question for me...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I suspect its likely put together, and I think the Old Fighters' chevron may be a reproduction...
    Hi Arran!

May i ask why you do not like the old fighter Chevron? I noticed that the boarder of the Chevron on the Thüringen Mantel do has a Little thicker weave pattern but i had seen both fine and thicker pattern on old fighter Chevrons.

Best
    Martin

SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)SS TV Thuringen mantel for sale(oakleaf site)

?

Hi Martin,
    The give-away is the silver thread in the black border, which should be all black. I've seen this feature on rolls of brand-new tresse, but never on an original...

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I certainly believe such a piece COULD survive intact- I'm sure there's just as much hidden away undiscovered as there is in collections- but when I see one piece of insignia that I think isn't right, it throws the entire piece into question for me...
    By all means, Arran!
    A put together piece still has its value, doesn't It?After removing the reproduction chevron, of course.
    Jose

?

For sure it has the value of all the original parts added up. You may examine it in person and find that you feel the rest of the insignia is original to the coat and only the chevron was replaced. Pieces that can be documented as originally configured are those that deserve to command a premium!

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    For sure it has the value of all the original parts added up. You may examine it in person and find that you feel the rest of the insignia is original to the coat and only the chevron was replaced. Pieces that can be documented as originally configured are those that deserve to command a premium!
    Bob Coleman once said here in this forum that even an in hand inspection can not garantee it's not a restored garment If proper thread and technique were used.
    Robert Hassler also said that in WAF.
    Do you agree?
    Jose

?

I do not entirely agree. But then, my life is steeped in antique textiles of various ages and origins. I suppose I'd say that "most of the time" you can detect added insignia from that which is originally applied...

Provenance is everything and a known history clearly commands premium prices as evidenced by the ex-Buhler mantel and tunic on Ruptured Duck.. which is not unfair IMHO for a named, intact item from the elite division of SS
    Such a desirable item that pops up out of nowhere must raise some suspicion...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2