Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The SS white cap in wear

Article about: The subject came up recently of the summer white cap for the SS. I was just scanning some images for my files on SS caps and thought some of you might like to see this shot of Weber relaxing

Default The SS white cap in wear

The subject came up recently of the summer white cap for the SS. I was just scanning some images for my files on SS caps and thought some of you might like to see this shot of Weber relaxing with Wagner at the races. The shot comes from an event at the Riding facility at Riem, (Munich) and dates from July 1940. Weber was, being involved with riding, very attached to the white uniform and can often be seen in photographs wearing this white general's rank cap.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The SS white cap in wear  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The SS white cap in wear
    P
    Many

Default Re: The SS white cap in wear

I would be interested if he wears his Inspekteur cufftitle on this tunic.
    Is there anyhow a photo from Weber out that shows his cufftitle "Inspekteur der SS Reitschulen" in wear?

The Arndt volumes on Munich has several images of Weber dressed as master of the hunt together with what must be some other SS luminaries. These are color images. I do not have them at hand.

This image did I post earlier, but revive here.
    Attached Images Attached Images The SS white cap in wear 

Robert,
    As you can see from this other shot from the races Weber mostly wore the white tunic with a shoulder board and collar patches only. Are you looking for the Inspector cuff title on the white or the black uniform?
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The SS white cap in wear  

I wonder how Weber's tunic size would compare to Reichmarschal Goring's? Heck, that tunic might almost fit me.

D., either way I search for this title in wear anyhow.

What became of Weber? The Historisches Lexikon Bayerns lists his date of death as 1945, whereas Maurice, Schaub and Flieher carried on for quite a while.

Robert,
    Here is the title you requested. The picture is from 1938. Note the Inspector title and the Stosstrupp title, (Fiehler), in one shot.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe Weber was killed in a traffic accident whilst in U.S. custody in May 1945.
    D.

Very very nice piece of history!
    D, are you in the posession of this original photo? I have this cufftitle that's why I ask.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast