MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen

Article about: Hi Guys, some of you may recall last week I posted a Totenkopf collar tab from Bergen-Belsen? I can now add some more detail. The tab was actually found in the pocket of this tunic. I now ha

Default Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen

Hi Guys, some of you may recall last week I posted a Totenkopf collar tab from Bergen-Belsen?

I can now add some more detail. The tab was actually found in the pocket of this tunic. I now have the tunic. The tunic was recovered by a member of the Royal Artillery and his unit was one of the first into the camp.

The tunic is custom made and features some interesting details.

What is really great is a photo of the Veteran wearing the tunic back home in Nottinghamshire adorned with all his other items! I have the SA dagger too. However the family cannot find any of the other items and they know Dad gave some away over the years. Pity as the cap looks great.

This tunic will be in my June 11th sale @bamfords

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen   Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen
    P
    Many

Collar tabs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen   Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The provenance is undeniable !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

More details

Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen   Summer weight tunic from Bergen-Belsen  

More details. It has padded shoulders and fully lined sleeves.

I would really like to own it and I am very taken with it given all the hisory behind it. Sadly it is out of my price bracket.

I wonder if it was tailored in the camp?

Obviously no name or any markings in the tunic. I was thinking given his senior NCO rank it might be possible to try and deduce who it might have belonged to. However, having looked down the list of personel who served at the camp there are about 6 possible candidates. There is a very good website devoted to the camp. I have been searching photos too.

The size of the tunic is very small BTW.

Cheers, Ade.

Told the Son to hunt high and low for that cap!

Here is a list of guards who served at the camp:

All Staff

Ade,

This one is remarkable... I too wish I could afford something like this..

Thanks for sharing..

Smitty

That is one nice tunic with interesting background
    -TJ-