Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this Arm band please

Article about: Good afternoon. Hopefully my first SS purchase will be this arm band and I’m looking to the experienced and far more knowledgeable than me amongst you to cast your eye over and see if you

?

You may have already found this during your search of the forum but it is a good idea to revisit this thread. It has some comparisons and a bit of instruction for those who may be unfamiliar with these things...

SS Armband, genuine or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Arm band please
    P
    Many

?

Quote by cossie400 View Post
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Can any of you recommend any reputable dealers that sell SS items?
    The only one I’ve followed for a long time is Collectors guild in Canada and they seem to sell genuine items.
    The SS armbands come up for sale fairly often. Much more so than a genuine black tunic or cap. I wouldn’t limit myself to a small set of sellers as, every now and then, the armbands can be had from many sellers. Just be sure to know what you are looking for and don’t fixate on finding a deal. Sellers know what these are worth and, much like anything else, if it’s too good to be true...

Thanks DrCMH, sound advice.

It’s bowing where to look too, unfortunately this forum doesn’t have much come up for sale very often in the classified section, let alone SS items.
    But I’ll keep looking and research is key

?

SS Kampfbinden...

Thoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band please

The following is NOT an SS Armband. This is a piece of armband cloth that is unfinished and, being tucked away in a book of samples, has been protected from the ravages of time to a slightly greater degree than the above.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    SS Kampfbinden...

Thoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band please

The following is NOT an SS Armband. This is a piece of armband cloth that is unfinished and, being tucked away in a book of samples, has been protected from the ravages of time to a slightly greater degree than the above.

Reminds me of an FB style post Wonderful collection!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

DrCMH,

Wonderful assessment and photos..

As MAP has indicated,,, this is reminiscent of FBs scholarly and informative posts...

Best regards

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    DrCMH,

Wonderful assessment and photos..

As MAP has indicated,,, this is reminiscent of FBs scholarly and informative posts...

Best regards

Smitty
    Thanks for the kind words from both you and MAP. I wish that I possessed even a fraction of FB’s knowledge of this regalia and the history it is associated with. His efforts here did help many become successful in collecting and I am very grateful. Without his help, I don’t believe I ever would have been able to build my collection as I have.

Best,

CMH

Thoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band please

Indeed a complete fake, tags and all.

?

patiance is a virtue , posses it if you can, always found in women, but rarely found in man!!!

Quote by toot View Post
    patiance is a virtue , posses it if you can, always found in women, but rarely found in man!!!
    Very true!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast