Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A topic for discusion perhaps since a prominent name was mentioned

Article about: https://www.emedals.com/europe/germa...er-collar-tabs

?

Angolia sold his 900 buckle collection at eMedals. They even sold buckles that were pictured in the fake chapter of his Buckle book and didn't point out they were repos. Most of their stuff is good but you need to do your research. I have gotten some great item from them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A topic for discusion perhaps since a prominent name was mentioned
    P
    Many

When I stopped collecting, a part of my buckles
    came in the hands of Angolia. He got that part
    from a guy in Australia. Angolia claimed he got
    my entire collection, but that is not true, as it
    was just a part of my collection (not even 50%)!
    Surely he will have kept some of the goodies.
    They will land in a new and other collection now!

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    All auction houses sell items as is. It is up to the buyer to do his due diligence. Emedals always has a mixed bag of the good, the bad and the ugly.
    I think there is a big difference between unknowingly selling a fake , and peddling junk on purpose. Now that I've been studying the metal totenkopfs a bit , I don't think Snyder treasures has a single authentic one for sale. All priced at $900 .......that shows a lack of scruples.
    Learning this stuff won't happen overnight so I may be asking advice from time to time if I see something I would like to purchase.

Snyder's? Seriously? The old thief is dead, but his legacy of stealing collector's money apparently goes on. Avoid the place like Yersinia Pestis. It's That bad-and always Has been.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Snyder's? Seriously? The old thief is dead, but his legacy of stealing collector's money apparently goes on. Avoid the place like Yersinia Pestis. It's That bad-and always Has been.
    No I haven't purchased anything there , if he's dead someone else must be running it. If you google search SS cap skull that site comes up near the top, yet more reputable sites like german war booty are much tougher to find when you are just learning.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Snyder's? Seriously? .....Avoid the place like Yersinia Pestis. It's That bad-and always Has been.
    LoL...so true. Before I found WRF and truly "opened my eyes", I used to use this site to help "authentic" items I was buying to see if I could find a match. That is how I ended up with this pile o' fakes...

A topic for discusion perhaps since a prominent name was mentioned
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map, every time I see your display of fakes it makes me shudder. Thanks for keeping us new guys on our toes. Bob

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Map, every time I see your display of fakes it makes me shudder. Thanks for keeping us new guys on our toes. Bob
    There is a lot of money that was lost in these purchases....but I keep them as a reminder for both myself and for others to show that we have all been in this situation.

Since joining WRF, except for one or two odd purchases (always with an inspection/return policy), I'm batting close to 1,000, thanks to the guys here!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2