Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS

Article about: Hi guys just about to buy these trousers like them worn and with character hope you like them too look forward to hearing from you regards

Default Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS

Hi guys just about to buy these trousers like them worn and with character hope you like them too look forward to hearing from you regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS   Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS  

Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS   Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS
    P
    Many

To sell in France, the colleague Rieux is very serious.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Very glad you say that and to hearing that from you I completely agree he’s got a fantastic collection and also he sells really good quality stuff regards
    Quote by lebus12 View Post
    To sell in France, the colleague Rieux is very serious.

Have asked the seller for more pictures but by looking at these I am pretty confident that there are no issues with it

CBH
    ?

They match the pair shown in the Micheal Beaver book on SS uniforms pretty closely.

I would have a major issue with these being authentic because of what the interior photo shows. The seat of the pants are joined and a pocket edge is sown both with use of an "overlocker" sewing machine (some countries use slightly different terminology). But I've seen no evidence of this type of sewing machine was used on German uniforms during (or before) WW2. That would to me suggest a post war construction, perhaps used by a reinactor.

I really appreciate your comments I will by all means let the seller know as I am sure he will have something to say about this since he is selling them as original war time period
    Quote by Anderson View Post
    I would have a major issue with these being authentic because of what the interior photo shows. The seat of the pants are joined and a pocket edge is sown both with use of an "overlocker" sewing machine (some countries use slightly different terminology). But I've seen no evidence of this type of sewing machine was used on German uniforms during (or before) WW2. That would to me suggest a post war construction, perhaps used by a reinactor.

Hi interesting enough have found that German Militaria is selling exactly the same trousers. Needless to say that these trousers have some repairs. Please find attached more in detailed pictures, regards

The Collector's Guild

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS   Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS  

The seller has now replied to me These pants were found not on a very good shape and repaired. So guess that is the reason why this type of sewing machine that you referred to is found in these trousers? What I am really interested in is to know that the overall piece is wartime or not period do not care about the repairs look forward to hearing from you Best regards
    Last edited by jamoros; 01-18-2021 at 06:40 PM.

CBH
    ?

I believe it is this the stitching in question, it not present on the collectors guild pants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical worn trousers Waffen SS  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast