Display your banner here

Waffen SS armband

Article about: Hello! Need a quick help - good or not? Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS armband
    P
    Many

Hi there.

We do not allow the use of outside image hosting sites because the links will eventually expire. Please see the link below on how to upload your photos to your thread.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Kind regards,

Will.

m48
    ?

Hello! Need a quick help - good or not? Thanks in advance !
    Waffen SS armband
    Waffen SS armbandWaffen SS armband

m48
    ?

Sorry, my bad. I fixed it, hopefully!

?

The 50/37 tag is commonly added to items to make them look real. I'm not an expert with these but they don't look right to me. I believe the first one is trying to imitate an early ss band. The second one the swaz does not look quite right to me.

Better photos showing stiching and material details would help. I assume the tag is on the lower one. Definitely need interior shots of both.

From those photos not for me.

Tim

?

My advice for what it is worth. Do you have these in hand or are they pictures from seller? If you have them in hand please post better close up pictures of the sewn black material bands, thread stitching and weaves of the kamfbinde's fabric. Close up pictures of the roundels with the material weave and multiple piece construction is also important to look closely at. Pictures are great but the ole nose sniff test of old fabric has a musty, smoky and like grandma's attic smell. Having it hand to feel the fabric in the end really helps. After you have handled hundreds of these for years you become keen to a fake versus a real one. A pretty reliable test. If you have a loose thread, you can try a burn test. Old thread burns quickly and leaves ash, whereas modern synthetic fakes burn and ball up into plasticky bobbles. You of course have to be careful removing a thread without damaging the item. Black light can help identify but not always conclusive.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

m48
    ?

Here are some more detailed pictures, as good as I got.Waffen SS armband
    Waffen SS armband
    Waffen SS armband

Looks artificially aged to me. Not ones I would add to my collection, but that is just me.
    John