Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look

Article about: Found this at auction. Compared to others seen here on this forum, there is a glaring difference, the center section is not embroidered but silk screened. I think it's a stinker but I've not

Default Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look

Found this at auction. Compared to others seen here on this forum, there is a glaring difference, the center section is not embroidered but silk screened. I think it's a stinker but I've not seen or held to inspect in person any of these so any help provided I'd be thankful for. These are the only images available at this time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look   Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look  

Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look   Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look
    P
    Many

Sorry, I think it's bad, I have know two original variants and both are woven into the armband.
    I'm adding a link from our forum for more information.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Wehrwolf armband.
    The two variants:
    Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    I think it's a stinker.
    So do I, Rich.

Here are three others ......................

Real ones are fetching big money these days, so it's worth faking them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look   Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look  

Wehrwolf Armband, does it have a chance at being original? Please have a look  

Dos
    ?

I've been studying these armbands for a while now. A worn example is still on my wish list. I've recently had the opportunity to inspect an original in hand. They are well made... and the material and weave pattern of known originals compare unfavorably to the example that started this thread. It looks similar to this example linked below, The same construction and material was used.

Friekorps Wehrwolf armband

Thank you all for your replies! The fraudsters seemingly never sleep if they think they can dupe the unsuspecting collector of their hard earned money. Without this great resource forum life would be tough for myself and I am sure others who want to try to build a worth while collection with era produced items.