Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

Article about: I'm looking for information on the original SA brownshirt aka the (Rossbach bought) 'Lettow Shirt' (1924-1929c) It was worn by Hitler, Hess, Himmler and many others attending the 1927 Reichs

Default Asking About the Book Title that has those Fabric Samples

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    There is a lot there, to be sure. Some of the links are kaputt, but you get my drift.

I am glad you find value, since others find such a thing bullying and wind baggery.Attachment 1056485Attachment 1056486Attachment 1056487Attachment 1056488Attachment 1056489Attachment 1056490Attachment 1056491Attachment 1056492Attachment 1056493Attachment 1056494Attachment 1056495Attachment 1056496Attachment 1056497Attachment 1056498
    Friedrich, May I know the title of the book that has hose fabric samples in it? And what other samples does the book have? I would really love to know the answer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?
    P
    Many

Quote by Roald Thamesen View Post
    Friedrich, May I know the title of the book that has hose fabric samples in it? And what other samples does the book have? I would really love to know the answer.
    I included this ages ago. It is from a Munich textile wholesaler.What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

Who has junk?

We have junk?

You have junk?

What color is your junk?

I have junk.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-13-2018 at 03:21 AM.

By the way, this line of inquiry never led anywhere other than what we here put forward.

?

It may be of interest to some that in my professional life, I have had the opportunity to inspect 3 variants of the shirt that was used by German colonial forces in Africa.

For those wondering, the shirts were produced in semi-polished heavyweight cotton, and did not come with buttons. All the variants were similar except for one feature: the lipped, below shoulder seam that allowed the shirt to be easily converted to short sleeves.

The 3 main differences were the method that the manufacturer(s) used to affix the lower portion of the sleeve.. example one had three small 6mm buttons holding the lower portion to the upper, inserted approximately 7.5 cm into the upper portion, while the second version increased the number of buttons to six.

The third example, while outwardly similar, did away with the buttons altogether and went with a stitched line that could be easily repaired if the lower portion was to be re-attached to the shirt.

The colour was similar to all, a darker brown, but it was noticeable that there was a distinct greenish thread interwoven upon close inspection..so a cotton blend I would assume..I was told that the matching pants to the shirt were constructed of a similar material, albeit not dyed and in bleached cotton.

The shirts were unlined, and had reinforced collars and shoulders.

These shirts were found abandoned in the remains of a supply column by the CEF along with enamelled border/customs/postal signs and other items destined for German overseas forces.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14