Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

Article about: Not my field of collecting but I read the SS threads out of curiosity and pick a few interesting bits of information. On one of the dealers I buy medals from he has this cap listed for sale,

?

Thank you, something to consider. Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?
    P
    Many

Sold on emedals... I think last year

?

A Black Cap with the same Insignia was on auction in Germany. Unfortunately I have no further informations but it was sold for more than € 3000,-. I'm also looking for some feedback on a SS Cap.

?

Quote by Christian56789 View Post
    Sold on emedals... I think last year
    Yes, you're right I missed that somehow. Thanks

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?
    What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

?

I have not pulled the trigger on this cap because of certain doubts and some issues that were raised. Aside from the Edelweiss and the extremely worn tag, the cap was bought and sold off within a very short span of time. That could just be an indication of the rough economic times many people are experiencing recently because of current events or it could have been deemed a "messed with" cap. What I'd really like to know is if there are examples of these earlier caps made in this trikot or whipcord wool as some dealers make reference to. This cap purports to be of an earlier era 1934 based on the tag, the thinner leather visor / bill, and of course the first pattern insignia but it's made from trikot wool. I may be wrong but all the earlier model visors images I've seen appear to be made from the soft wool type like on my Fewegla visor (Right) as opposed to the standard Trikot wool on my Kornacker visor (Left). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards, Al

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

These photo's below show the type of trikot wool clearly

I also see this cap was placed in here, post #70: SS Black-Top EM/NCO Schirmmuetzen
    Last edited by Aldo; 07-16-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11