Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WSS Sleeve Eagle

Article about: Good Evening I'm looking at the attached from a well known dealer and wondered if anyone would be able to provide an opinion. Also i've tried to search the Forum for posts on WSS Sleeve Eagl

Default WSS Sleeve Eagle

Good Evening
    I'm looking at the attached from a well known dealer and wondered if anyone would be able to provide an opinion.
    Also i've tried to search the Forum for posts on WSS Sleeve Eagles but couldnt find any relating to the same design. I would also appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of any relevant posts on the subject.
    Many thanks
    Andy
    WSS Sleeve EagleWSS Sleeve Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS Sleeve Eagle
    P
    Many

There are a lot of patterns of these eagles that I'm not familiar with so if I'm wrong, please correct me as Im always willing to learn.

IMO, this is a reproduction. Whenever I see significant gaps like this in the wing it always gives me some concern. Another thing I noticed is that it almost looks like this bird has been trimmed around the edges and you can see stitch holes. To my knowledge, the Germans never trimmed these cloth eagles and applied them to a tunic (obviously excluding bevo eagles which were folded). I did a search on this forum & Wehrmacht Awards and all of these were labeled reproductions.

As for resources, these books have nice high quality pictures of SS cloth insignia. (Panzer Feldjacke Volume Three SS-VT and Waffen SS by Scott Pritchett) & (Insignia and Artifacts of the Waffen SS by Michael Beaver & Mark Bando).

I hope this helps,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WSS Sleeve Eagle   WSS Sleeve Eagle  

Thanks John
    Much appreciated