Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau

Article about: This collar tab came into my possession about two years ago. My Father found it in a "junk shop" for \\$1. While he is not a WW2 collector (he is an 18th Century enthusiast, especial

Default WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau

This collar tab came into my possession about two years ago. My Father found it in a "junk shop" for $1. While he is not a WW2 collector (he is an 18th Century enthusiast, especially British Royal Artillery, currently serving as a member of a gun crew at Yorktown forever battling the "Colonials"), he instantly recognized the dreaded Totenkopf. With that being said, my investment in this piece is very low and if deemed not genuine it will still remain in my collection as a "place holder" until better days!

The black backing material is very close to that of a "Dachau" sleeve Eagle in my collection, well described by fellow user John4022 as "very knappy and rough." The details in the embroidery of the skull, particularly the "wavy" lines on the head, are very consistent with examples I presume to be genuine here on this forum and elsewhere for sale. The backside displays the supposed "tell-tale" silver thread commonly found on Dachua made tabs and the buckram also appears to be similar to good examples however the texture and color are slightly different. The tab does not react when exposed to UV light.

I am very hopeful that this could be an original collar tab and if so it would be a "star" piece in my collection. I have searched the forum for posts by fellow members Aldo, Vocht and Pauls1970 and many examples they have shared from their own wonderful collections are very close in appearance to my own, hoping they might chime in on this one! Thanks to the many contributing members of this forum, I sincerely look forward to any criticisms, opinions and thoughts any of you would be willing to share on this tab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau   WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau  

WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau   WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau  

WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau   WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau
    P
    Many

?

A good late war piece TK EM tab imo. The backing looks perfectly fine even though you describe it as rough. Mine looks just as rough:

edit: what a great price.

?

Can I get one for a dollar too ? LOL great find
    Regards, Al

Many thanks Vocht and Aldo for the kind words and confirmation, can't wait to pass this good news along to Dear Old Dad! He is a very wise, humble man who has taught me everything important that I know and forever I shall be indebted to him for it. The fact that his hands touched this piece before mine makes it more special than it already is. Thanks to both of you again for taking a moment to chime, it really does mean a lot to me.

Here we are, Hessian and Englishman together again in Yorktown like it's 1781!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Waffen-SS 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf TK EM NCO Collar Tab Dachau  

I agree with the others.
    Here is my un-issued example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dos
    ?

Looks good! Here is my vet bringback for comparison.

rbminis & Dos, thank you both for the votes of confidence! Sharp looking tabs here. Really like the name on the backside of your tab Dos, Billy found a great souvenir!

Dos
    ?

Thanks komet, Thats why i pulled the trigger on this one a few years back. I still don't know what HR 301 stands for!

100% fine. tab i have flag. to the 7th British Royal Artillery. from the boer war. they formed in 1750s i think and fought. in the battle of waterloo as well

Komet,

That is one great Dad and another great find by him... I recall when my dad was collecting, and he would surprise me with some really incredible finds..

Cherish those times with him...as I know you will....

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast