Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear

Article about: Baden Reserve Dragoner Regt 20 Officer's Schirmmütze Credit: Tony

M1915 Officer Feldmutze for 2. Badisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 21
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

Officer Feldmutze for 3. Badisches Dragoner-Regt Prinz Karl Nr. 22 (or Baden FA units / Baden Pioneer unit)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

EM private-purchase cap for Leib-Dragoner-Regt. (2. Großherzog-hessisches) Nr.24, with squadron stamp, a Darmstadt maker’s mark, and the dragoon’s handwritten name inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear   Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

The cap’s colour scheme narrows its distribution to seven potential units, including 1. Garde-Dragoner-Regt. Königin Viktoria von Großbritannien und Irland (Berlin) Garde-Korps, 2. Garde-Dragoner-Regt. Kaiserin Alexandra von Rußland (Berlin) Garde-Korps, Dragoner-Regt. Prinz Albrecht von Preußen (Litthauisches) Nr.1 (Tilsit) I Armee Korps, Dragoner-Regt. Freiherr von Manteuffel (Rheinisches) Nr. 5 (Hofgeismar) XI Armee Korps, Schleswig-Holsteinisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 13 (Metz) XVI Armee Korps, 1. Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 17 (Ludwigslust) IX Armee Korps, and 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 20.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear   Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear   Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear   Dragoner/Dragoons Headgear  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Officer of Dragoner-Regt. König Karl I von Rumänien Nr.9 or Dragoner-Regt. König Albert von Sachsen Nr.10.

Dragoner/Dragoons HeadgearDragoner/Dragoons Headgear

Officer (and NCO, for color comparison – dragoon officer uniforms were a distinctly lighter shade of the regulation “cornflower blue”) of 1. / 2. Garde-Dragoner-Regt., or Dragoner Regts. 1, 5, or 14. Watered silk interior with gilt seven-point “freiherrenkrone” for a baron.

Dragoner/Dragoons HeadgearDragoner/Dragoons HeadgearDragoner/Dragoons Headgear

?

Great looking cap; I have trying to get a good friend of mine to sell me a similar cap.
    To me, the pale blue & white colors look great together.

BobS

?

Here is my cap, suitable for any of the same regiments you mentioned.

BobSDragoner/Dragoons Headgear

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6