Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

ADH
    ?

Default Hi There, I recently purchased this cap and as an enthusiastic amateur would be very keen to hear opinions re: authenticity and unit. Thank you for the assistance. Cheers Anthony

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

MAP
    ?

Quote by ADH View Post
    EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze
    I'm sorry to say that I'm not liking this at all. I'm on my cell phone so happy to stand corrected but looks like a poorly aged modern reproduction.

That said. The insignia may be original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Looking at this again on my PC. I don't study these and I know there is a lot to be learned from the construction method (# of panels used, stitching, etc. etc.)

But to my untrained eyes, the clear warning signs are the extra thick piping, too tall cap band, and the wrong ink stamp. Happy if anyone wants to correct me.

Check out Kaisers Bunker. Lots to learn just reading through all the topics he has.

Look at the last photo in this link and compare the ink stamps

Cloth Headgear Issue Stampings

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sadly, I have to agree with MAP; the aging feels unnatural. In addition to the proportions, the exterior condition is too pristine to have cockades that are so weathered. I am also uncomfortable with the texture and color of the feldgrau. There can actually be quite a lot of variation in this regard, so it's not always a deal-breaker, but the color almost looks green enough here to be a Jaeger cap. However, given the color of the band and piping, I think what this was actually going for is Dragoner Regiment Nr.6, 14, 18, or 19. Unfortunately, none of these regiments were in Armee Korps VI.

I do also want to say (without sounding patronizing, I hope) that when I was first starting out as a Great War collector, textiles scared the hell out of me. So much so, that I stuck solely to helmets for years. It is a minefield, but it does get easier with experience. I've learned so much from the members of this forum and others. Don't let a setback put you off what can be a very rewarding hobby.

ADH
    ?

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your considered opinion and words of encouragement as a new collector. Currently serving in Iraq and thought I would treat myself and bought the cap over the net. Clearly my approach lacked due diligence. Sincerely hope it was a knowledge, rather than integrity failure, on behalf of the dealer. Thank you again for your valuable, albeit disappointing feedback. Cheers Anthony

MAP
    ?

Quote by ADH View Post
    Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your considered opinion and words of encouragement as a new collector. Currently serving in Iraq and thought I would treat myself and bought the cap over the net. Clearly my approach lacked due diligence. Sincerely hope it was a knowledge, rather than integrity failure, on behalf of the dealer. Thank you again for your valuable, albeit disappointing feedback. Cheers Anthony
    Anthony. Loss of $$ is painful. But don't be embarrassed. Everyone here has been there and done that. Hopefully you can return it.

It is a lesson we all need to learn.

ALWAYS, post before you buy. 99% of what we collect is not so rare, that missing out on it as you conduct your due diligence will result in not finding another

Thanks for your service!!!

Default Todays possible purchase?

Hi Guys.

Just found this thread.
    Looking to make my first WW1 Feldmutze purchase today from an online auction.
    Due to COVID restrictions sadly cannot view item but it is for sale from a recognised and respected military auctioneers.
    Thoughts please?

-WW1 Imperial German Other Ranks Feldmutze / Kratzchen Regimentally Marked to Grenadier Regiment Nr 12 (2.Brandenburgisches), good example with navy blue top section, red central band and red piping to the crown. Original other ranks pattern Reichs and Prussian state cockade to the front. Cloth lining to the interior with various ink issue stamps and regimental markings. Clear 1911 date to the inside. Showing some expected service wear but generally a good condition example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

?

Other than the Reichs cockade appears to replaced with a repainted one, this cap looks fine to me. Enjoy it.

As I said in your other post for the same cap, its a good one - apart from the replacement cockade.

Thanks Gents.
    Hoping when it arrives and I can have a look the replacement cockade is at least an original.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast