Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldmütze - Opinions?

Article about: Any thoughts on this cap? The mismatching colors of red piping and band, and no clothing depot stamp like "BA" followed by a roman numeral inside is a concern for me.

Default Feldmütze - Opinions?

Any thoughts on this cap? The mismatching colors of red piping and band, and no clothing depot stamp like "BA" followed by a roman numeral inside is a concern for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmütze - Opinions?   Feldmütze - Opinions?  

Feldmütze - Opinions?   Feldmütze - Opinions?  

Not an area that I’m am currently studying closely but based on your photos it looks like an original M15 Feldmutze in average condition and assigned to the 52nd infenterie regiment.

I see what you mean about the colour discrepancy, but bare in mind that these were often worn in the field with a grey material cloth over the lower band for concealment and this could account for the difference in colour.

Are you able to see how the lower band is attached?

Andy

MAP
    ?

Pull back the top piping next to the caps fabric. I probably hasn't been as exposed to the sun and might show the original color better.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)