Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prussian Feldgrau Guard Cuirassier Regiment Visor

Article about: Hope you all enjoy this example. Quite hard to find I would think. A nice minty Prussian Feldgrau Officers Schirmmuetzen for Guard Cuirassier Regiment. Based on looking at Kaisers Bunker, it

MAP
    ?

Quote by Septhes View Post
    Here you go - the pic from the parking lot I shared with my wife. : )

Beautiful shape and fittings - frosty eagle with gilt details picked out and polished by hand. They don't make them like they used to...

Attachment 1610305
    Yup. I remember that one. A beauty! You picked a winner. Did they give you a nice blue box as well? LoL

Certainly this one deserves a thread of its own. It's too nice and would love to see more photos of it!

Here is the photo I took just as I was walking up to the table. It was right next to my Garde example.

Prussian Feldgrau Guard Cuirassier Regiment Visor
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael,
    The condition of those hats is amazing. Hard to believe that they
    are over 100 years old.

You did real well at the show.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Michael,
    are over 100 years old.

This table had some great visors and Haubs. Most were in excellent condition. I'm surprised they weren't behind glass. They only uncovered their table late morning of the 2nd day of the show so they had a bit of crowd

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Michael,
    are over 100 years old.

I agree with Greg as well....its hard to imagine how well both the caps that you now have ...have been kept in pristine condtion...one would expect moth trails and seams coming apart.
    Another exempary find which I was fortunate to see up close.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Excellent Cap!
    I can't stop looking at the photos. This is personally one of my favorites. I don't really even collect these, yet seeing this one makes me want to start!..... Maybe someday.....
    Your photos are excellent too!

Regards,
    Daniel

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I agree with Greg as well....its hard to imagine how well both the caps that you now have ...have been kept in pristine condtion...one would expect moth trails and seams coming apart.
    Another exempary find which I was fortunate to see up close.

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry.

The condition of both are amazing given their age. Must have been wrapped up and stored in the back of a dark closet for 100 years

MAP
    ?

Quote by Daniel View Post
    Excellent Cap!
    I can't stop looking at the photos. This is personally one of my favorites. I don't really even collect these, yet seeing this one makes me want to start!..... Maybe someday.....
    Your photos are excellent too!

Regards,
    Daniel
    Thanks Daniel. They can get addicting. And what is worse is the huge number of variations there are. A true rabbits hole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2