Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Article about: This is my first piece of Imperial German cloth headgear. Condition is quite good but it does suffer from some small moth nips and tracking. There are no stamps or markings inside. The liner

?

Default Prussian Jager feldmutze

This is my first piece of Imperial German cloth headgear. Condition is quite good but it does suffer from some small moth nips and tracking. There are no stamps or markings inside. The liner has been hand stitched into place and the cockades are sewn on through it. There is a line of dark stitching which may have held a name tag in place, but that's speculation.

This was brought back by a Kiwi veteran and was sold by his daughter around 20 years ago, along with some other souvenirs he brought back, to the collector I just bought this from. There were some letters written by his daughter listing the items as well as a photo of her father in uniform. He was with the Medical Corp and he is in a well known photograph of a group of stretcher bearers struggling in the thick mud during the Battle of Pilckem Ridge.

Many thanks to Michael and Steve for taking a look at this feldmutze for me earlier.

Regards

Russ

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

Prussian Jager feldmutze

MAP
    ?

I look forward to other views, as I'm only have basic knowledge of this but from what I see this looks to be OK to me. I like the construction. Plus that it is a "jager". so much more interesting than the much more typical infantry types that we see so often.

Imperial items are uber cool!

Any other opinions? But I see no issue with it. Congrats on a fine pick up.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-29-2023 at 07:40 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

An absolute honey, Russ!
    One of these has been on my wants list for many years.. Yours has great character.
    Well done, sir.
    Rob