Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Officers Hat

Article about: Saw this peice at a local shop. I'm not too well versed on the matter so I was wondering if it was original and what do the colors on the hat represent. Thanks in advance. Also sorry for the

Default Prussian Officers Hat

Saw this peice at a local shop. I'm not too well versed on the matter so I was wondering if it was original and what do the colors on the hat represent. Thanks in advance. Also sorry for the inverted pictures, not sure why they appear as such.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Officers Hat   Prussian Officers Hat  

Prussian Officers Hat  

MAP
    ?

If you uploaded the photo's from your phone, the orientation is probably wrong. Best to download to your computer. Rotate (even if it looks ok), save and then upload.

Nice looking visor. Could be Transportation (Verkehrstruppen) or maybe Artillery or Pioneer. I'm not too well versed in identifying these.

Here is a link with some examples

Dunkleblau Cloth Headgear
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a prewar Officer visor for Technical Troops, as MAP noted.
    Hat is original, and in better than average shape.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

And a very good value based on the price listed on the sticky. I would still chew them down a bit more. They will always price high for haggling.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The hat most likely belonged to Lt der Reserve Paul Michel with Eisenbahn Regiment Nr. 1

I would love to research information behind its original owner.

Just out of curiosity where did you find this information, I'd love to continue the research.

I looked him up in the 1912 Prussian (and Wurttemberg) Rank List. He is also in the 1914 Rank List but is not shown in the 1914-18 Army Honor Rank List