Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze

Article about: I recently acquired some items, brought back from WW1 by my wife’s Grandfather who was in the Signal Corp in Europe. In his belongings was this , what I believe is an Enlisted Man’s, Infantr

?

Default Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze

I recently acquired some items, brought back from WW1 by my wife’s Grandfather who was in the Signal Corp in Europe. In his belongings was this , what I believe is an Enlisted Man’s, Infantry Kratzchen/Feldmutze. I am very new to this area of collecting and would like some guidance, comments or anything else, anyone could tell me about, what I have. I have read many of the past threads and have learned much.
    The Kratzchen has no cockades , but I Show one photo where you can see some thread and holes where the cockades most likely were once attached.
    I also see a couple stamps inside the cap that I am a little confused. One stamp, “N2” I believe is the size? And closer to the center is “a well worn/faded stamp that may look like “B A 1” and 19_ _ underneath.
    Please let me know if I am correct, and somewhere in the “ball park”?
    Also as far as Cockades, I am thinking of restoring the cockades and was wondering, if anybody had any suggestions?

Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze   Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze  

Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze  

MAP
    ?

Very nice piece. Moths love these...

Cockades can be found if you search. Make sure you get the right sized ones as well as for enlisted men. There are two different sizes. I think the more common are the smaller sizes

The BA 1 stamp is the army clothing depot stamp and 19?? is the date. The "N2" is actually "No 54" I think, and is the size.

I'm a bit rusty on all this so best wait for others. In the meantime enjoy researching on this site

Index Imperial German Feldgrau Cloth Headgear

And this will help with the BA numbers......If it is indeed BA1 then it is for Koengsberg which I think should help with buying the correct cockades (Bayern? Someone can correct me).

Cloth Headgear Issue Stampings

Some blacklight might revel the ink stamps a bit more. Night vision googles too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks MAP. Yes, the forum has been very helpful and thanks for the links. I have tried the black light and it helped a little.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks MAP. Yes, the forum has been very helpful and thanks for the links. I have tried the black light and it helped a little.
    LoL...yes, research here. But my wording was poor...meant to say enjoy researching on Kaisers Bunker. Lots of great info. I used it a number of times.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ADH
    ?

Default Would love some assistance Kratzchen Felmutz authenticity and unit?

Hi There, I recently purchased this cap and as an enthusiastic amateur would be very keen to hear opinions re: authenticity and unit. Thank you for the assistance. Cheers AnthonyThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze

ccj
    ?

Thoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/FeldmutzeThoughts on EM Kratzchen/Feldmutze

What’re you guys opinion on the one?