Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this please.

Article about: Hi Guys. Looking to make my first WW1 Feldmutze purchase today from an online auction. Due to COVID restrictions sadly cannot view item but it is for sale from a recognised and respected mil

Default Thoughts on this please.

Hi Guys.

Looking to make my first WW1 Feldmutze purchase today from an online auction.
    Due to COVID restrictions sadly cannot view item but it is for sale from a recognised and respected military auctioneers.
    Thoughts please?
    Many Many Thanks

-WW1 Imperial German Other Ranks Feldmutze / Kratzchen Regimentally Marked to Grenadier Regiment Nr 12 (2.Brandenburgisches), good example with navy blue top section, red central band and red piping to the crown. Original other ranks pattern Reichs and Prussian state cockade to the front. Cloth lining to the interior with various ink issue stamps and regimental markings. Clear 1911 date to the inside. Showing some expected service wear but generally a good condition example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this please.   Thoughts on this please.  

Thoughts on this please.   Thoughts on this please.  

Even with covid restrictions... it looks a good, honest example. Repair to the lining, but hey what do you expect in something which is 109 years old? I would go for it!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

I am certainly no expert in these, so I too look forward to hearing from more experienced collectors, but the difference in condition and colour of the cockades leads me to suspect that one has been replaced..

I cannot comment on any other aspect of the cap, however, which (to me) looks really good.

Many Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

Hi Kohima.
    I did think this as well. One cockade is indeed very bright and could therefore have been replaced at some stage but I’m hoping this to be reflected in the price.

Quote by fragilefox View Post
    Hi Kohima.
    I did think this as well. One cockade is indeed very bright and could therefore have been replaced at some stage but I’m hoping this to be reflected in the price.
    It happens... the thread gets damaged and the cockade goes missing. It is nice to have a complete original item, but a replacement cockade does not detract from what is essentially a good cap. To put it into perspective, no-one worries about a genuine WW2 British beret with a missing cap badge!