Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Württemberg Infantry Cap?

Article about: Hello Forum, I want to start collecting more WW1 Items, and i got offered this probably Würtenbergische Infantry Cap, its definitly a bit salty and the Visor is loose, but it seems easily r

Default Württemberg Infantry Cap?

Hello Forum,

I want to start collecting more WW1 Items, and i got offered this probably Würtenbergische Infantry Cap, its definitly a bit salty and the Visor is loose, but it seems easily repairable and the price seems according to condition, he wants 70 for it.

What do you think about it? Is it original?
    All help and Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Württemberg Infantry Cap?Württemberg Infantry Cap?Württemberg Infantry Cap?Württemberg Infantry Cap?

It's actually Württemberg.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

And i´m actually german, shame on me.

Most of my family comes from that area.
    I changed the title for you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Authentic cap & if you are OK with the visor repair , 70 euros or dollars is a very good price.

BobS

easy repair and a fair price. all original cap.

Thanks for your help, its very much appreciated! Closed the deal!

I have a few further Questions regarding this Cap.

What Rank would the Owner have been? My research points towards NCO, but i´m not certain about that, i would also be very thankfull if someone could point me to a good Website regarding WW1 Uniforms, if there exists one.

Would these caps be issued, or private purchase? And, as the adress is in Ulm i would assume it points towards the owner being part of one of the 5 Infantry regiments stationed in Ulm?

As always thanks for any help!

Regards,
    Adravor

?

Cockades indicate an officer's cap, but also possibly for a senior NCO. Officers and those enlisted who could afford it could buy private purchase items, such as this cap. My guess is that it was an officer's. Officers from leutnant through oberst wore the same type cap.
    My sources list only three infantry regiments garrisoned at Ulm; nr.120, 123 & part of 127.
    Try this website: Kaiser's Bunker

BobS