Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zeppelin Headgear

Article about: Zeppelin Flugmeister:

Default Zeppelin Headgear

Zeppelin Flugmeister:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeppelin Headgear  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

"S.M. LUFTSCHIFF L.1." tally is for the Navy Zeppelin L.1, which crashed during maneuvers over the North Sea in a storm, killing most of its crew.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeppelin Headgear   Zeppelin Headgear  

Zeppelin Headgear   Zeppelin Headgear  

Zeppelin Headgear  

No headgear, but a nice pic of a captured Luftschiff (Zeppelin) crew:
    Attached Images Attached Images Zeppelin Headgear 

Imperial German Navy Deck Officer Visor Cap - a rarity from the distinguished collection of one of the world's foremost Zeppelin and aviation enthusiasts. This exceptional cap offers a portal into a bygone era, showcasing the significance of Naval Deck Officers during a crucial period in military aviation.

History Unveiled: The original owner's prestigious collection included numerous army Ehrenbechers and Navy Ehrenpreises, along with one of the ultra-rare Navy Zeppelin Ehrenbechers—awarded for a special mission over England. This unparalleled provenance establishes this cap as a truly special find, rarely offered to collectors.

Deck Officer Significance: A Deck Officer, akin to a Warrant Officer in the American military, held a pivotal role, just one step below a Naval Ensign or a Second Lieutenant. Serving with seniority and experience, they directly supervised NCOs and Enlisted Men, both aboard ships and on land.

Zeppelin Connection: What sets this cap apart is its connection to a Navy Zeppelin, a testament to the vital role Deck Officers played in the airship fleet. Zeppelin crews faced daunting challenges, and surviving missions led to prestigious awards, such as the 1914 Iron Cross 1st and 2nd Class.

Distinctive Cap Features: The cap's exterior boasts a remarkable Deck Officer Abzeichen with four "Z's," signifying a minimum of four Zeppelin missions. The "V" denotes missions of valor or special accomplishment. The large, detailed cap badge, with slightly tarnished bullion, is a testament to the owner's commendable service. The bullion Reichs kokarde and elegant tall structure further distinguish this cap.

Impeccable Condition: Preserved in near-original condition, this cap showcases a complete chin strap, silver-crowned buttons with a fouled anchor, and a tall, impressive structure. The interior features a pristine black silk liner and a well-preserved brown leather sweatband.

A Rare Gem: Deck Officer visor caps are already scarce, but this Zeppelin-affiliated specimen is unparalleled. Acquiring it from our source, who has never seen its equal, required considerable effort. This cap stands as one of the rarest visor caps we've offered, transcending even those from royalty and nobility. Dive into the detailed photographs and absorb the rich history encapsulated in this crown jewel of naval memorabilia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeppelin Headgear   Zeppelin Headgear  

Zeppelin Headgear  

Uncover a tangible piece of history with our Identified Enlisted Man/NCO Navy Mütze - Winter Edition. From the private collection of a zeppelin and aviation enthusiast, this captivating winter cap offers a glimpse into the fascinating world of Imperial German Navy aviation during a crucial period.

Adorned in a deep, dark blue, this Mütze proudly features a silver talley with the inscription "Marine - Luftschiff - Abteilung," immersing us in the pioneering days of naval airship divisions. The authentic kokarde of the Kaiserliche Marine further emphasizes the significance of this cap, reflecting the pride and dedication of those who served during this transformative time.

Explore the personal touch that makes this Mütze truly special. A high-quality brown leather sweatband and a lavish black silk liner signify not just functional elements but a commitment to craftsmanship. The small label inside, bearing the name "Warner," adds a personal dimension to the story. This Mütze was not a standard issue; it was a private purchase, symbolizing Warner's choice for a custom-fitted uniform—a stark departure from the mass-produced caps often poorly fitting sailors in that era.

Meticulously preserved, this Mütze is in mint condition, untouched since its acquisition. Absent of any moth tracking or nips, it carries an air of authenticity straight from the woodwork—a fresh discovery from a bygone era.

Own a piece of naval history with this exceptional Navy Mütze, representing the dedication and pride of those who served in the Imperial German Navy's airship divisions during a transformative period in military aviation. Don't miss this chance to connect with the past and add a unique chapter to your collection.

Zeppelin Headgear