MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian High Officials Sword

Article about: Hopefully I put this in the right section. I've had a little difficulty figuring this beautiful sword out but think it's an 1800's high officials sword. Please let me know what you think. Gr

bdc
    ?

Default Austrian High Officials Sword

Hopefully I put this in the right section. I've had a little difficulty figuring this beautiful sword out but think it's an 1800's high officials sword. Please let me know what you think. Greg
    Austrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials SwordAustrian High Officials Sword

It is as you identify, an Imperial Austrian Court sword, pattern 1849 in good condition. Lovely representation of the flying crowned double headed eagle on the guard plate, mother of pearl grips. A nice sword, though I'm a little surprised no blade etchings, perhaps a mid price range sword.

bdc
    ?

Thank you Anderson, I'm a very big fan and a very small time collector of weaponry and even though this sword falls more in a decorative category I just love the details in it. I am very pleased to finally know that it's a pattern 1849 and an Imperial Austrian Court sword. I love history and will always wonder about the man who owned it and what his life was like.
    Greg