Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My A-H Medal Collection

Article about: Hey all, long time lurker here, so thought I should post something. Anyway, lots of great info on this forum, I really enjoy the posts you folks make. Very informative and great info. Anyway

gjw
    ?

Default My A-H Medal Collection

Hey all, long time lurker here, so thought I should post something. Anyway, lots of great info on this forum, I really enjoy the posts you folks make. Very informative and great info.

Anyway, here's my A-H collection so far. I have a few more pieces coming my way (whenever USPS decides to deliver them!). I really enjoy this hobby and will continue to add to it every chance I get. So....hope you like my meager collection

BTW, the Sturmtruppen Badges are reproductions, just added them to "dress" up my display.

Pardon my photography, I'm still trying to improve it! Someday!

Thanks for everything!

Greg

My A-H Medal CollectionMy A-H Medal CollectionMy A-H Medal CollectionMy A-H Medal CollectionMy A-H Medal Collection

Nice medals

MAP
    ?

Very nice Greg. Thanks for posting these as we don't see too many Austrian awards posted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Tricked me with the thread title .... I thought you had Adolf Hitlers medals!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

AH, I thought the same, ADOLF HITLER, got me!

Without a doubt, it is one of the most complete collection of Imperial Austrian medals I have seen to date.

Very well presented (very complete, as I have already said) and for another collector of that period, like me, a true pleasure for the eyes. I like it very, very much.

Your Laeso Militi (wounded medals), with the different ribbon of five different grades, are great!

If you allow me, I dare to make a suggestion. Given the color of most Austrian medal ribbons (thin red and white stripes), you'd be surprised how much better your collection looks if you display them on a light gray felt background,
    rather than a red felt background, as You currently have them on display.
    IMHO they stand out so much better.

I sincerely congratulate you Greg

Regards
    Santi

gjw
    ?

"Without a doubt, it is one of the most complete collection of Imperial Austrian medals I have seen to date.

Very well presented (very complete, as I have already said) and for another collector of that period, like me, a true pleasure for the eyes. I like it very, very much.

Your Laeso Militi (wounded medals), with the different ribbon of five different grades, are great!

If you allow me, I dare to make a suggestion. Given the color of most Austrian medal ribbons (thin red and white stripes), you'd be surprised how much better your collection looks if you display them on a light gray felt background,
    rather than a red felt background, as You currently have them on display.
    IMHO they stand out so much better.

I sincerely congratulate you Greg

Regards
    Santi"

Hello Santi, thank you so much for the very kind words, they are very much appreciated!

I still have more I'd like to collect, variations, makers and even more of the same with the various attachments (swords, repeat bars etc). I'm also going to start to collect Orders as funds become more available. As you know, you can collect an endless amount of types and still not collect them all. It's fun hunting them down, as they say, looking is half the fun!

I think I'll post any additions to my collection here as they come in.

I was finally able to get my hands on a 5 wound, Wound Medal, so that aspect of my medal collecting should be complete (except for some variations).

I really like your suggestion on the grey backing! Made the light bulb come on as that was the color of the K.u.K. uniform. Thanks for pointing that out.

Again, thank you so much, you made me blush with your kind praise!

Take care and stay well!!

Greg

Thank you Greg, for your kind words. I completely agree with your opinion about collecting K. u K. medals.
    If you want to check the effect of a gray background on your display, you can see my small collection in this section of the forum, in the thread:
    "My kuk ribbon bar collection"

I will follow your thread

Kind regards
    Santi

gjw
    ?

Santi, I have to return a compliment to you! Your collection is very impressive! I love those medal bars. You really have amassed some outstanding pieces. To be honest, I'm a bit envious of your fine collection of ribbon bars. Guess I'll have to get some more myself !

BTW, I do like that grey background. I'm going to get some and switch out the red.

Thanks again my friend!

Best Regards!

Greg