Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Question on Austro-Hungarian common army (KuK) field cap badges

Article about: Curious if anyone familiar with KuK uniforms could answer this cap badge question for me? | Did all regiments within the common army (KuK) wear the FJI cap badge on the feldkappe? Or did KuK

?

Default Question on Austro-Hungarian common army (KuK) field cap badges

Curious if anyone familiar with KuK uniforms could answer this cap badge question for me? |

Did all regiments within the common army (KuK) wear the FJI cap badge on the feldkappe? Or did KuK regiments in the Austrian half wear FJI while those in the Hungarian half wore IFJ?

I was under the impression that only the Honved wore the IJF badge but then started realizing that there were other subtle uniform differences with common army uniforms, depending upon which half of the empire they were in. For example, the prewar dress uniforms had straight cuffs for Austrian KuK regiments and pointed cuffs for Hungarian KuK regiments. Hungarian uniform trousers also had some lacework on the upper thigh whereas the Austrians did not. So, I'm not so quick to dismiss the IJF badge as Honved only.

?

Hi

The FJI cocarde- Franz Josef 1 was for all army, but Honved regiments and units even Magyar soldier in other regiment could have an IFJ.