Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Alcoso Heer dagger

Article about: hello everyone. A very last find, an Alcoso Eisenkopf. This is the first Alcoso that I have and I like the quality of the finish of this dagger, the silvering is very well preserved. we can

?

ok i understand that would be more of an experimental scabbard finish.
    I find it even more interesting now !
    when we have it in hand the final rendering is much nicer than the photos in macro zoom mode.
    I'm waiting for Ron's return who must compare with his (the second).
    thank you.
    Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Heer dagger
    P
    Many

?

Mitsu here both mine Eisenkopf Alcoso daggers. The pebblin is not the same as yours. Furthermore some tiny differences in the handworks on the hardware and grips B snd C type.

Ron

Alcoso Heer dagger Alcoso Heer dagger

?

I thank you Ron for your photos.
    They are very beautiful and in perfect condition !!!
    Indeed the scabbards do not have the same finish.
    It is interesting for me who follows beginner to be able to compare all the different configurations for the same model of dagger .grip B, grip C, scabbard ...:RÉ
    A few days ago I asked Mr Wittmann about this type of scabbard and he answered me this morning by telling me that he had already seen one which would be on his book page 20.
    But I did not not this book to verify ....

I quote it:
    " I can tell you that I show an early Alcoso example in my Army book on Page 20, and although it is difficult to see in the book picture, I believe the scabbard has the same work to the pebbling in the panels. This was work that was performed by in-house metal artists, but only on very early pieces.
    This work was discontinued after a short time, due to the expense"

Thanks
    Regards
    Cédrick

?

Hi Cédrick,

Thanks yes both are nice pieces.
    To learn about grips, scabbards, crossguards, etc. I recommend you Heeresdolche book from Ger and Danny. Incredible good pictures in that book.

Heeresdolche - A reference guide for Collectors by Hessels & Rieske

Here page 20 and 21 out of Witty his book. I don’t see any handwork on the pebbling which is almost impossible to do. I think that the mold was having these scratches in it.

Ron

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    A few days ago I asked Mr Wittmann about this type of scabbard and he answered me this morning by telling me that he had already seen one which would be on his book page 20.
    But I did not not this book to verify ....
    Hey Cédrick,

Here is the page 20 in Army dagger book. This chapter is about Alcoso crossguard types.

Alcoso Heer daggerAlcoso Heer daggerAlcoso Heer dagger

?

Je vous remercie Ron and Drambejz pour votre aide et vos photos du livre.
    I asked Mr. Wittmann because I thought that in his decades of collecting he might have seen one
    Oui je connais le livre Heeresdolches ,mais pour l'instant je ne me suis jamais décidé à l'acheter.
    je me suis souvent servi du site de tom kendall ou wardagger, du forum Warrelic ou bien encore j'ai demandé à Ger directement qui m'a bien aidé.
    Maintenant vous avez sûrement raison à propos du moule.
    Thanks
    Cedrick

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    Je vous remercie Ron and Drambejz pour votre aide et vos photos du livre.
    I asked Mr. Wittmann because I thought that in his decades of collecting he might have seen one
    Oui je connais le livre Heeresdolches ,mais pour l'instant je ne me suis jamais décidé à l'acheter.
    je me suis souvent servi du site de tom kendall ou wardagger, du forum Warrelic ou bien encore j'ai demandé à Ger directement qui m'a bien aidé.
    Maintenant vous avez sûrement raison à propos du moule.
    Thanks
    Cedrick
    Just translate for the others non-french so they don't have to google it aswell:

Thank you Ron and Drambejz for your help and your pictures of the book.
    Yes I know about the book Heeresdolches, but so far I never decided to buy it.
    I often used Tom Kendall's or Wardagger's website, the Warrelic forum or I asked Ger directly who helped me a lot.
    Now you are probably right about the form.

(The last sentence isn't probably correct. Sorry for that)

?

Wittmanns book is ok to use. But as time goes by more and more new discoveries came. So Ger and Danny their book is more update.

Ron

?

Thank you Mike !

Well, it seems that the romance between Cédrick and his beauty eventually came to an end. But she's already in other loving hands.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alcoso Heer dagger  
    Last edited by Das Edelweiss; 05-30-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast