Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022

Article about: This was my last day pick up on the preverbial 11th hour actually on the way out the door when I was forced by another collector to ( MD Helmets Todd ) to go and get it...also I thank Michae

Default Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022

This was my last day pick up on the preverbial 11th hour actually on the way out the door when I was forced by another collector to ( MD Helmets Todd ) to go and get it...also I thank Michael for his support as well and well worth it!

This is a dagger NOT found on one of those organized neat and proper tables with multi glistening glass cases with magnificient examples of daggers of all types...NO....this was found towards the far back corner opposite of the entrance ...near where there was a dealer giving out free donuts

This was found in one glass case on a table with a pile of other stuff ...and this dagger was in the case with other items with a few daggers...this one struck me because of the detail and condition.
    I pulled the blade from the scabbard and it was all over for me..my heart dropped ..as I was won over.

I was quite fortunate ...Again !! ...that our forums Heer dagger collector Tom Kendall was also at the show..and he gave me the thumbs up and was told it was Text book ..as seen in Toms Pinned thread in this subforum and also in Gerrit and Dannys Heer book pg 77 as well.
    Gerrit could not be reached until later as he was again in Bermuda ...he loves that triangle for sure

The portepee IMO is not original to the dagger as seen by the way the sun changed the trolon grip color...and I also retied the portepee correctly ...but before it still did not cover the lighter part of the grip.
    This dagger must of laid near a window..as one side of the grip is darker than the other and a portepee added later.

This was a dagger that I was not looking for..but found me instead..and glad I was forced to purchase it. I like these kinds of friends

The blade is stone mint miror bright actually showing a very fine and mild crossgrain..which I tried to capture in the photos.
    I was searchng for an early Slant type for the heck of it during my walk through..but this one struck me.

Below are the photos and I do thank Tom for being at the show and helping me out...and Gerrit giving me a thumbs up as well.
    Regards Larry

Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022

Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022

Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eickhorn Heer dagger 1937-40 Production Type 4 Crossguard - Max Show find 2022
    P
    Many

Larry a beauty congratulations. These shows are allot of fun, you can walk through 5 times and on the 6th see something you didn't see the first 5 laps. I had a good time with my 2 friends Ivan and Kevin as always and we had quite a haul when it was allover. I bought one dagger a Klaas glass grip 2nd luft but didn't own it long was a real beauty. Other than that picked up a few imperial pieces.

MAP
    ?

My pleasure Larry, I love supporting others spending their money

She's a beauty. You were as giddy as a kid in the candy shop.

@Tom - sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show or get to say hello to Ivan again. I'm sure though we passed by each other more time than we could count..LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

That's a beautiful and lovely find there Larry. If you had tried to buy it from a neatly organized table with a score of high-end daggers laid out under a glistening glass case, the price might have been 50% (or more) higher.

Hope you got a free donut too.

Thankyou Todd

I got quite a few free donuts ...and the weight of this dagger ...didn't cost any extra gas mileage
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good pickup Larry, a beauty and a real asset to any collection!

Ger