MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Daggers with unmarked blades

Article about: I have recently come across some German daggers with unmarked blades. I discarded them as fakes or repros and moved on, but then I started to think about it. Fakers who try to make daggers u

?

Is it true that the unattributed daggers were sold at something like a US military PX and the marked ones were sold by private dealers? I remember this from a thread on WAF many years ago.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers with unmarked blades
    P
    Many

Gentlemen,

I just won this one online with no markings. I'm a little worried about it because of the swirl pattern on the scabbard and the knob shape of the scabbard. From a website I found used to spot fakes it appears to be. I'm sure the seller is legit and would be glad to show pictures of the tangs...

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Daggers with unmarked bladesDaggers with unmarked blades

Quote by kirby View Post
    Is it true that the unattributed daggers were sold at something like a US military PX and the marked ones were sold by private dealers? I remember this from a thread on WAF many years ago.
    Close enough. Some were sold by outlets connected to makers. Others (generics) were sold by uniform shops that might switch between makers because of pricing etc. Best Regards, Fred

Andy ..for future postings could you post a photo please and not a link.

Links will die once the dagger is sold leaving your post useless.
    I uploaded it to your post this time.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2