Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

De-Nazified Heer dagger crossguard

Article about: I have one more question about this item. Is there a set price for a heer cross guard? One denazified? If any one knows I would really appritiate it!

Default Re: WWII Wehrmacht dagger part

I have one more question about this item. Is there a set price for a heer cross guard? One denazified? If any one knows I would really appritiate it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement De-Nazified Heer dagger crossguard
    P
    Many

Default Re: De-Nazified Heer dagger crossguard

I changed the Thread title to one appropriate to the German Dagger forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Re: WWII Wehrmacht dagger part

Quote by pacpacbumbum View Post
    Why do they denazify items like that? Do they suffer from some kind of paranoia when it comes to items used by one of the greatest armies on earth, namely the german army of ww2? Are communist items also de-communized??? I guess not. Why?????
    The young americans saw the horrors committed by the nazis and how they had killed their mates and since that was their main symbol it was a tradition of sorts for american soldiers to break or file of the swaztika !!

How can they sell nazi coins with swastika on ebay but not a knife, helmet etc?

?

Very cool item. Even without the swastika it represents a time in history and really represent the feelings of many who fought the Germans, like ww2relichunter said.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    After the war the allies order the process of denazification, it has nothing to do with military collectors. However, some may do this to sell on ebay, but IMO most were done right after the war.
    I agree. Over my many years of collecting I encountered numerous vets who denazified their souvenirs. Most had seen first hand the horrors inflicted upon innocent people by the Nazi system. To them, the swastika was a repugnant symbol.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    How can they sell nazi coins with swastika on ebay but not a knife, helmet etc?
    Ebay makes an exception for currency. But anything else third reich related is not allowed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2