Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dirk

Article about: Hi! I have in the collection of a premium Dirk. Bought in family .In a set of awards with documents on the officer and shoulder straps.If everyone is interested.With respect Ollar

?

Default Dirk

Hi! I have in the collection of a premium Dirk. Bought in family .In a set of awards with documents on the officer and shoulder straps.If everyone is interested.With respect Ollar
    DirkDirkDirkDirkDirkDirkDirk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dirk
    P
    Many

?

Now there’s a maker that is missing in most collections! Extremely rare!

Thanks for showing.

Regards
    Danny

?

This is not a selling site, so please dont ask here if anyone is interested.

As Danny stated the Alpina logo is very rare, but i do have my concerns..
    Looking at the logo on the left side you see its been etched ON the rust, normally the rust will be visible in the etch also
    The frontside has an etch with between a motif the motto: True um treue
    I have seen this exact same etch on 2 different unmarked blades on daggers produced by Klaas and Pack, both early slant grip productions.
    Not common to see these early productions without a logo, i assume they both have replaced blades.

So sorry, but im a bit sceptical.
    Its not that hard to etch a blade with a name thats on a couple of awards.

but thats my opinion, I might be wrong

Ger

?

Interest in the manufacturer, but not in the sale...I work through an interpreter!

Hi! I don't sell goods. If you show,such inscription,, we will be happy!
    I understand your skepticism. We think it doesn't exist if we haven't seen it.With respect Оllar.

After rereading Ollars text ..I can see how his post can be misinterpreted ( including myself ) as saying something else.

He has a grouping he acquired from a single source and has invited everyone to view and post comments.
    I do not see this thread as a forsale thread.

Ollar you may want to post your medals for discussion here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-third-reich/

and your document for discussion here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...a-third-reich/.

This thread will remain open for further examination and discussion of the dagger only.
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

"Looking at the logo on the left side you see its been etched ON the rust, normally the rust will be visible in the etch"

I noticed that also Ger, very odd the etching had not been discoloured when the surrounding steel is rusted, unless the etching was made after the rust.

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dirk   Dirk  

Dirk   Dirk  

?

Hi! No rust on the knife. Just a very strong magnification. The inscription applied by chemical etching .Perfect and detailed.. Besides, I know the history this set.
    Many inscriptions have a dark surface.Which is a great quality. But if you look without magnification, dark surface not visible...at first I thought it was a hand tool.....And it wasn't until I zoomed in that I realized it was a subtle chemical etching.
    I have experience . And I not met in our time chemical etching such a quality.
    Many times I came across the stamp of laser engraving or inscriptions made by hand engraving.

?

At high magnification.....This photo shows the patina on the manufacturer's brand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dirk