Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

Article about: Hi gents, As promised in a previous post here one of my recently purchased early type 1 Eickhorn with B-type grip. Brass pommel with 14 standing oak leaves. The bird retains good detailing t

?

Default Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

Hi gents,

As promised in a previous post here one of my recently purchased early type 1 Eickhorn with B-type grip. Brass pommel with 14 standing oak leaves. The bird retains good detailing throughout the head, breast and wing feathering, talons, and wreathed mobile swastika. The reverse of the guard has a very simple personalization that looks to have been professionally engraved. It reads "v. G”.
    The blade is very nice and has a tapered tang. It has a few "in-and-out" marks, but the tip is still needle-like and has crossgrain. The reverse is etched with the 1933-35 Eickhorn squirrel trademark. This rodent is seated and holds a nut in his paws, and has a serrated tail. It is quite rare to see Army daggers with this early logo. The original small brown leather blade washer is in place.
    The B-type grip is having a gorgeous, deep orange color. It has only the tiniest chip on the reverse, but it is very, very minor.
    The dagger is complete with what appears to be the original portepee. This portepee is in the 1st style tie, and although it shows fraying where the cord exits the knot, it is in good condition and with much character.

So overall a nice early Eickhorn.

Ron

Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1 Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1 Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1 Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1
    P
    Many

?

I'm a bit surprised that no one has reacted to this dagger. Early double oval Eickhorn army daggers are not easy to find and this one is a beauty!

Regards
    Danny

?

Danny that is because they are flabbergasted

Ron

Overall Piece of Candy but would like for the community to see a better photo of the logo.
    After enlarging the photo ...I still can not view the logo too well and is somewhat hidden into the scabbard throat.

Ron if you may please a better photo to spoil everyone

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1 Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

Early textbook Eickhorn Type 1

?

Larry I hope these will be beter. I know that the first batch of pictures were not the best ones.
    Made these 3 with my Iphone

Ron

?

real eye candy.

?

I take all my pictures with my iPhone. Works just fine. Your pictures are a lot better now Ron

Regards
    Danny

?

Strange aint it Danny that an telephone making better pics than an photocamera.
    And it's easier also

Ron

?

Lovely type 1 and as Danny stated not easy to find, condition is lovely, its an asset to any army dagger collection!

Congratz Ron

Ger