Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.

Article about: I picked this up after having another collector look at the pics I was given. The dagger looks good to me but I am still a novice. The scabbard looks too shiny but looks like it is correct.

Default Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.

I picked this up after having another collector look at the pics I was given. The dagger looks good to me but I am still a novice. The scabbard looks too shiny but looks like it is correct. Opinions appreciated. The dagger it self looks like it has not been messed with. Was the scabbard just heavily cleaned. This do not come out in the pics prior to picking up. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn, Carl Heersdolche opinions please.
    P
    Many

?

The eagle looks like an generic type A and as far as I know Eickhorn didn’t use these. But maybe I am wrong.

I have seen quite a few Eickhorns with the type A guard.. one that came from a trusted Veterans collection. I feel it is most likely original to this dagger and all other fittings are mid period Eickhorn correct. Eickhorn and WKC were known to trade fittings/scabbards, and it is my opinion that the type A generic was made by WKC to sell to other makers. best, Kevin.

Thank you for the information and comments. I still have some concerns with the scabbard.
    John

?

What are your concerns? The scabbard looks correct for Eickhorn.

Quote by Ron K View Post
    What are your concerns? The scabbard looks correct for Eickhorn.
    Too shiny. Maybe has been heavily cleaned. It is not often I get a nice dagger without issues that I am not aware of so I maybe a little too nervous.
    John

The dagger is in good condition, no reason why the scabbard should be anything else.
    Nice looking rig John, now you just need a portepee for it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    I have seen quite a few Eickhorns with the type A guard.. one that came from a trusted Veterans collection. I feel it is most likely original to this dagger and all other fittings are mid period Eickhorn correct. Eickhorn and WKC were known to trade fittings/scabbards, and it is my opinion that the type A generic was made by WKC to sell to other makers. best, Kevin.
    Yes Kevin i know there are collectors who think a type A can be correct for an Eickhorn and the other side cant get used to the idea that one of the largest company in Solingen who designed 4 guards should buy non Eick guards.
    If there would be shortage then all would suffer ?
    For me an Eickhorn or an Alcoso without an in house produced guard is not so desirable, but thats my personal taste.

Best
    Ger

?

I have to agree with Ger in this. Even veterans use parts from other dagger to complete their dagger.

Ron