Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eickhorn type 1 aluminium

Article about: Hi Gents, This I need to share with the collecting community. Finally I have now two aluminium Eickhorn type 1 dagger. One with steel scabbard and one with the portepee is complete aluminium

?

Default Eickhorn type 1 aluminium

Hi Gents,

This I need to share with the collecting community.
    Finally I have now two aluminium Eickhorn type 1 dagger. One with steel scabbard and one with the portepee is complete aluminium.
    These are extremely rare pieces and well sought by Heer collectors.

Proost,

Ron

Eickhorn type 1 aluminium Eickhorn type 1 aluminium

Eickhorn type 1 aluminium Eickhorn type 1 aluminium

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn type 1 aluminium
    P
    Many

Rare variations Ron

These 2 are in a class of their own and would make for a deeper discussion for the collector.
    I can only surmise that the officer paid extra for the Aluminum type?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry thanks and yes they are rare.

Would be great if we can find out more regarding this variation.
    I don’t know if the officer payed more for the aluminium version, it’s an interesting point.

Proost,

Ron

?

Man, those are nice to look at … I am sure they are even nicer in hand - Dan

?

Thanks Dan.
    Yes they are way better in hand.
    I am lucky to own both alu Eicks now, because they are so scarce I felt it necessary to share them.

Proost,

Ron

?

Dan,

Army daggers are wide in variations. The only way to learn is to find a textbook dagger, buy this one and study it. You have the best Army daggers book in hand. And concentrate on 1 maker at the time.

Proost,

Ron

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Rare variations Ron

These 2 are in a class of their own and would make for a deeper discussion for the collector.
    I can only surmise that the officer paid extra for the Aluminum type?

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,
    regarding your question if this aluminium one has to do with prices, the answer is no, they were forced to swithed to a different material.
    In 1936 there was a high command order that brass/messing would be needed for the war effort and therefore would not be available anymore for dress daggers etc.
    The first type army daggers (1935 production) were made of silvered messing, after that order the producers needed to find a new material to replace messing and they switched to aluminium and potmetal, the socalled zink based ones.
    The first Eickhorn run were entirely made of aluminium, even the screwless scabbard, but that material was to soft so the scabbard easily dented.
    Therefore they finished the aluminium batch with steel scabbards, the steel ones did use the first type scabbardbands but the throat was attatched with a backside screw, as all scabbards were produced from this type on.
    After this initial aluminium batch they switched to potmetal.

Regards
    Ger

?

Ron these aluminium Eickhorns are in the top 5 of the rarest armies to find.
    Both in great condition and a wonderful addition to your collection.
    Where do you find these beauties

Ger

?

Thanks Ger. They are both great pieces.
    And like a journalist I can't give you my sources

Prut,

Ron

?

just say my unnamed sources! that is what the journalists say!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast