Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard

Article about: Hi gents, My first Army dagger and I guess this one is something special. This particular dagger comes with an slant grip , tappered tand, 14 leaves pommel, rare crossguard and a dent free s

?

Default F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard

Hi gents,

My first Army dagger and I guess this one is something special.
    This particular dagger comes with an slant grip , tappered tang, 14 leaves pommel, rare crossguard and a dent free scabbard with brass bands.
    The blade has nice crossgrain over the whole lenght.
    Did some research before I decided to purchase this one. This crossguard is not the known Type 1 Höller crossguard which you should expect on this dagger. It's not pictured in Ger and Danny their bible so I think I have something rare.
    Enjoy the photographs.

Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard   F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard  

F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard   F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard  

F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard   F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard  

Last edited by Ron K; 10-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard
    P
    Many

?

Am I glad to see this one! I've discouvered this new type a while ago and since then I am trying to find more similar daggers from Höller. This is number 6 so far! So thanks for posting it Here is one from my collection with the same guard.

Best regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard   F.W. Höller army dagger with slant grip and rare crossguard  

?

Nice piece Danny.
    And thanks for your reply!
    It’s not easy to find good early ones, so am lucky to have this one.

Ron

?

Danny this is the LST one...

Lovely dagger in very good condition!
    Congratz Ron

Best
    Ger

?

Thanks Ger!

So now it are 5 I guess

Ron

Ron, Congrats on a super slant Holler with beautiful hand work! That is an interesting variant, I too have an odd variant Holler slant that is a bit different than this one.. I see yours has the Holler ONLY initial ferrell that is very thick and deep relief. When I say thick I mean the metal it is stamped from is thicker in guage when compared to other ferrells. Good show! Best, Kevin.

Very nice dagger!

?

Kevin thanks for your info regarding the ferrel. Didn’t know this. It’s my first Heeres have to learn a lot regarding this. It’s more complicated than SA / NSKK daggers.