Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift " Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.

Article about: Right off the bat..I want to Thank WRF member Heers68 " Kevin " for his Invaulable assistance at the show with these Heer daggers. This is a Cinderella story unlike last years Heer

Default Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift " Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.

Right off the bat..I want to Thank WRF member Heers68 " Kevin " for his Invaulable assistance at the show with these Heer daggers.

This is a Cinderella story unlike last years Heer dagger find that I found at the 2022 Max Show.
    One can not just walk once down each aisle and say...yea I saw everything ....Not true ...no one has seen everything as items keep sprouting out or appearing at different times..or just not seen the first time around.....The hunt is the contant march up and down these aisles.

I have wanted a " High Lift " Alcoso for many years...but for a late production dagger ..this particular dagger is very elusive and remains in many collections and hardly seen...until Friday when the doors were open to the public ...either this came in off the street or it was hidden under a table and brought out to avoid Wednesdays set up from dealers scouring the tables to buy stuff to put it on their own tables.

This dagger " Dejavu " strikes again..was again found in a single silver display case mixed in with other items. I just happened to be walking down this one aisle in the back and not thinking about a high lift dagger but had my eyes on another Eickhorn mid period type at another table and see if I could do better...I looked into the case and I could not believe my eyes...there it was not only was it a High Lift Alcoso but included was the hangers and portepee.

As it could not get better..Kevin was 2 tables away and called him over to confirm some other details and just wanted to make sure that my thoughts were correct. Kevin gave his blessing on it...and picked up the whole rig for $800. I thought I just got laid ..as I was stunned and overwhelmed that I finally have this Heer type dagger. This was the Holy Grail for me at this show.

The blade is near mint with a few slight blemished..and most of the dirt and grim came of with some simi chrome.

The logo is the early type being ACS ' Alcoso Solingen "..normally seen on this type 4 is the logo AWS ..which is Alcoso Werk Solingen.....this name change happened when the NSDAP took over the Alcoso firm sending Alexander Coppel " Jewish " to the Concentration camps in 1938 or 39. Kevin stated that he has seen both logos being used on this late production dagger.

Gerrit chimed in on a message to me stating that the portepee is most commonly seen on early Slant daggers. This portepee shows all the correct wear on the bend points of the dagger showing fraying on the bends.
    Hopefully Gerrit and Danny will comment further as well ...and hope Kevin also.
    below are pics of what made the Max show for me a success.

Regards Larry

Photos produced by : Windowsill Graphics
    Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dagger Alcoso " High lift "  Type 4 crossguard - Max Show find.
    P
    Many

?

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

This is nice, glad to hear you find your holy grail. That eagle is impressive
    -TJ-

TWS
    ?

Larry, I was so stoked for you when you showed me this dagger. What a great find and like I said, I don't think the seller really knew what he had. I think it was your karma reward for being so generous of your time helping me on my hunt.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Bro...and the community as well as myself..would like to see that spanking SMF Heer you picked up and when you get a chance to post some photos of it and the other Heer dagger from that expensive seller that you managed to squeeze him down.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

You certainly found a few gems at the show. This and the sword. Well done!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I think we ALL have had that same feeling when we acquire a much sought after and elusive piece, it's a one of a kind experience for sure !

?

Lovely last type Alcoso, a great looking guard they made!
    You found a lovely rig Larry, a great asset to your collection!

Enjoy this lovely piece of history

Ger