Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Dagger FW Holler

Article about: Here is a current dagger from manufacturer F.W HOLLER. I think she is good. Silver plated is present at 99% on all parts. I don't know if it's a beginning/middle or end-of-war manufacturing

?

Default Heer Dagger FW Holler

Here is a current dagger from manufacturer F.W HOLLER.
    I think she is good.
    Silver plated is present at 99% on all parts.
    I don't know if it's a beginning/middle or end-of-war manufacturing ???
    I tried the magnet on the crossguard and pommel and it doesn't work.
    But they are very heavy compared to aluminum, I do not know how it are ...Maybe brass ???
    Thank you

Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Heer Dagger FW Holler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Dagger FW Holler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Dagger FW Holler
    P
    Many

?

That is a lovely textbook Höller type 3 in wonderful condition.
    This is one of the earliest type 3 Höllers you can find, brass based pommel (rim shows brass colour)
    The realy rare item here is that hanger!
    Its an early DeLuxe type in aluminium with floral clips!
    I have more then 1 in my collection, but these are realy very hard to find.
    Production date end 1936 - mid 1937.

Great collectible set!
    Congratz

Ger

?

Hello, thanks for all these explanations, Gerrit .
    I'm glad to know that it's a model of the beginning of war because the HÖLLER daggers are very common so it's always better....
    You are right the hanger is not very common it is marked DRGM but unfortunately no manufacturer marking, can these hangers are private purchase ?
    I would like to know if it was in the catalogue of the weapons F.W HÖLLER ???
    If ever someone of you owns it can possibly confirm ???
    Thank you

?

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    Hello, thanks for all these explanations, Gerrit .
    I'm glad to know that it's a model of the beginning of war because the HÖLLER daggers are very common so it's always better....
    You are right the hanger is not very common it is marked DRGM but unfortunately no manufacturer marking, can these hangers are private purchase ?
    I would like to know if it was in the catalogue of the weapons F.W HÖLLER ???
    If ever someone of you owns it can possibly confirm ???
    Thank you
    ofcourse its in the catalogue, but you will not recognize the guard as these catalogue pictures arent that acurate.
    Hangers never have a makers mark, its the floral clips and the aluminium that makes your set rare.
    I would pay 200-250 euros for a minty set but thats because i collect early hangers and i do know whats rare.
    Most collectors dont have a clue and prefer the later type Deluxe hangers.

Ger

About your statement that Höllers arent rare its all in the timeframe, talking about the early Höller slants then your talking about hard to find rare daggers ( type 1 & 2)
    Try to find the army referencebook about army daggers "Heeresdolche" by Ger Hessels & Danny Rieske"

Regards,
    Ger

?

_I had seen on the rarity scale that Höller was noted 1 and I did not know that there was a type 1 & 2. That's why .
    I'm glad to see that I have a rare set .
    I noticed that the floral clips were not very common but I didn't think that the floral clips + Aluminum set were even rarer ...
    yes I will try to find this book "Heeresdolche" but also that of Ralf Siegert but not easy to find them in English ....
    Thank you Gerr

?

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    _I had seen on the rarity scale that Höller was noted 1 and I did not know that there was a type 1 & 2. That's why .
    I noticed that the floral clips were not very common but I didn't think that the floral clips + Aluminum set were even rarer ...
    yes I will try to find this book "Heeresdolche" but also that of Ralf Siegert but not easy to find them in English ....
    Thank you Gerr
    I m not the one to judge a fellow author as Ralf, but having noticed over 30 mistakes within the first 40 pages of his army dagger book i just cant advice to buy his book.
    Ralf put a book together with pictures he got from collectors, he didnt had them in hand.
    Other thing is he quoted a lot of the Wittmann book that was published 30 years ago.
    That was outdated years ago.
    Im not promoting the book that Danny and i published 5 years ago but im pretty sure its way more accurate then the Ralf or Wittmann book.
    Our book can be found on ebay.de at the dg.de site if your lucky, last time i checked he had less then 5 copies.

Cheers
    Ger

Best

?

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    Thank you Gerr
    Look at these hangers
    Early army daggers hangers in all their Variaties

Ger

?

seeing your beautiful collection of belt hangers I really want to complete my dagger / hanger set with the belt hanger.
    Is there a particular belt hanger model that corresponds to the period 1936/37 ?
    So that my ensemble is coherent ...
    Thank you.

?

Quote by Mitsu View Post
    seeing your beautiful collection of belt hangers I really want to complete my dagger / hanger set with the belt hanger.
    Is there a particular belt hanger model that corresponds to the period 1936/37 ?
    So that my ensemble is coherent ...
    Thank you.
    i would say take an earlier type..

Ger
    Heer Dagger FW Holler

MAP
    ?

What a beautiful dagger. Great eye candy!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast